Light-O-Rama Forums

G3MP3 Director music/lights out of sync

Stingray

We purchased a MP3 director to run our show.  The show works perfect running from laptop.  When it runs off the MP3 director the lights come on before the music.  It also locks up randomly stops some controllers and just generally is erratic.  Any suggestions?

We are controlling 4 commercial style AC controllers and 1 residential style AC controller.  All controlling incandescent lights.  This is the 6th year for the show from the laptop but the first time we have tried the MP3 director so the the show is known to work well.

SD card brand Kingston or Lexar? I tried a different brand and was all jacked up. Listened to everyone about brand, which I still find hard to believe, but it fixed my show. 5th year on SD cards and not a problem since going with suggested sd cards. 

2 hours ago, Stingray said:

We purchased a MP3 director to run our show.  The show works perfect running from laptop.  When it runs off the MP3 director the lights come on before the music.  It also locks up randomly stops some controllers and just generally is erratic.  Any suggestions?

My first mini director did the exact same thing from the day I received it. I created a HD ticket and within 3 days had a brand new unit and of course sent the original one back. There were no questions asked (but I did make a video).

Now I use the minidirector while testing in my back yard, its that or make more holes in the house to run yet another cat5 cable.

Best of luck

JR

We had a sandisk which didn't work at all.  Couldn't find a kingston so we bought a lexar professional.  It made it better but still not fixed.  Is kingston the only brand that works?  What about the communication speed when loading the show on the SD card?  We just used default.

1 hour ago, Stingray said:

We had a sandisk which didn't work at all.  Couldn't find a kingston so we bought a lexar professional.  It made it better but still not fixed.  Is kingston the only brand that works?  What about the communication speed when loading the show on the SD card?  We just used default.

I’ve always used default with out any problems. If it’s not the card, maybe the cat5 cable. 

At the very least you should have a Class 4 SD card.

Last time I ordered SD cards from LOR they shipped me Kingston, 8GB, SDHC, Class 4 cards.
https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Class-Memory-SD4-8GB/dp/B000OF2F3 I believe this is the card they send out. 

[Edit - I've sent these cards to customers and they've had zero issues using them.]

Edited by Don

• The topic was locked