Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with Color Fade Tool in 4.3.24

chowell

Trying to sequence my dumb ribbons as i do each year.  I click on various cells and sometimes it fills it and sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes I click on a cell and it fills multiple cells in front of it, and with different colors.  If i drag multiple cells it seems to want to color them up but the cells in front that I'm not selecting also fill with a different color.  Craziest thing I have seen. 

1 hour ago, chowell said:

Trying to sequence my dumb ribbons as i do each year.  I click on various cells and sometimes it fills it and sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes I click on a cell and it fills multiple cells in front of it, and with different colors.  If i drag multiple cells it seems to want to color them up but the cells in front that I'm not selecting also fill with a different color.  Craziest thing I have seen. 

You have to move the mouse even if it is within a single cell or it will leave the cell empty or do a fill all to the nearest color.

Sounds like it's working exactly like it's supposed to.  I suggest opening the LOR help and reading how the fill tool works.  To save you hunting, in the help, you are looking for this location in the contents:

The Light-O-Rama Software Package > Sequence Editor > The Menu Bar > The Tools Menu.  From there, either select "Fill" or scroll down to it.

And yes, remember Mr. P's comment about moving the mouse...