Light-O-Rama Forums

Gen3 Mini Director with MP3 Player Limitations

jrcarlton

Can anyone tell me what the limits are on the Gen3 Mini Director with MP3 Player?  I have used this device for a number of years; however, this year I have 17 devices (2 LOR16s, 4 CMD-24s, 5 Pixie2s, 2 Pixie4s, 4 50Watt Floods). My sequences don't seem to be operating properly.

Any suggestions to get me up and running correctly would be helpful.

Thanks

1 hour ago, jrcarlton said:

Can anyone tell me what the limits are on the Gen3 Mini Director with MP3 Player?  I have used this device for a number of years; however, this year I have 17 devices (2 LOR16s, 4 CMD-24s, 5 Pixie2s, 2 Pixie4s, 4 50Watt Floods). My sequences don't seem to be operating properly.

Any suggestions to get me up and running correctly would be helpful.

Thanks

You can run from your computer and create multiple networks. I only use my mini director for testing. I had a 24X50 Matrix (1- pixie16 and 1-pixie8), a CCR tree (pixie16) and 2- 16 channel controllers controlling 8 singing faces during the summer. After SD card issues and purchased the new SD card (added pixies so PNY cards no longer work) all worked without fail.

For the big shows everything is ran off computer.

JR

Thanks JR ... I suppose the Whole House Transmitter I have connected to the Mini Director can connect to the audio port on the computer? I'm really a rookie with this part ... I've never tried to run a show from the computer.

24 minutes ago, jrcarlton said:

Thanks JR ... I suppose the Whole House Transmitter I have connected to the Mini Director can connect to the audio port on the computer? I'm really a rookie with this part ... I've never tried to run a show from the computer.

Just plug it into your headphone port. Note that the FM transmitter that comes with the mini is not very powerful You will also need the power supply. I do not recall if a power supply was included. They do sell it in the LOR store.

I use "show editor" option to create the show and then "show on demand" but you can also use show scheduler as well.

JR

• The topic was locked