Light-O-Rama Forums

Controler crisis

chandalen

I have the following controllers with current firmware.

CTB16 DV6

CTB16 PC

CMB24D

Pixcon16

Ok, so the Pixcon will NOT work in any mode but 500k enhanced LOR.  I was under the impression it would work in 56k Enhanced?

My other controllers will NOT work in Enhanced LOR mode.  I was under the impression they would?

Hardware config can see the three boards, and Network config sees the Pixcon16 (when its plugged in via LAN)

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I see nothing in the documentation to show that Pixcon runs at 57.6.

You might consider leaving the Pixcon on it's own, and have the others running on their own LOR network.

Someone is going to have to correct me if I'm wrong here (As I've set up the PixCon once...) but...

In theory since the PIxCon can run over ethernet, you can assign it an IP Address on your home network. Do NOT try to go wireless with it, as it will cripple your wireless network. (To much traffic.)

Thus you could put the PixCon on your LAN port, configure it with an IP, and have it able to be seen by the LOR Software. (You indicated you have already done this, so I don't see why it would be a problem.) Be sure to check docs to make sure board is configured right to run in this mode.

Then put the other controllers on the RS485 adapter. 

This page will tell you what devices run on what speed and types of networks.  You will need a second network.

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

1 minute ago, chandalen said:

To do this, do i need an additional RJ485 plug or can it be done with the one I have been using?

An additional USB to RS-485 adapter (make it a high speed - red one).

Also note that to run multiple data networks, you need a Advanced or Pro level LOR license, and to run an Enhanced network requires a Pro level license.

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-software/

Just now, Don said:

In theory since the PIxCon can run over ethernet, you can assign it an IP Address on your home network. Do NOT try to go wireless with it, as it will cripple your wireless network. (To much traffic.)

Yes, you could run the Pixcon via E1.31 (which requires an Advanced or Pro level license).

k6

I have a Pro license.   I'm experimenting with the 1.31 setup.

Thanks for the info above! 

It appears I can A. get another 485 device and go from there, OR hopefully get 1.31 working.

Thanks!

Any more help would be appreciated, and I'll post what i did to get it working!

Just now, chandalen said:

I have a Pro license.   I'm experimenting with the 1.31 setup.

That gets you a couple legs up on the process.  FYI, I've been running E1.31 since 2012, so I know a thing or two about it if you need some help.

One thing to keep in mind is that your sequencing will need to be updated for different channel assignments.  Depending on how you sequence (SuperStar vs Pixel Editor vs Sequence Editor), will dictate what is involved in that update.

A second network would be easier, but I'm not sure how fast LOR can get one to you vs when you are planning on opening you show (mine opens in 75 minutes as I type this).  BTW, running a second network would also require some reconfiguration of channel setup.  I've done multiple networks for years as well so I can help with that too.

k6, thanks again for the assist.

In SE, I assume I have to goto channel config and change the device from LOR to DMX ? 

I was looking at that, but it seems if that is the correct way, i have to manually change EVERY R G B pixel for every universe?  Is there a faster way to reconfigure the output in SE ?

EDIT:  Manually changing to DMX universe 1, circuit 1,2,3....150 seems to work.

however.. is there a way to automate the change? 

Edited by chandalen

UPDATE:

After a couple hours of farting around, and being irritated....

I experimented with SuperStar.   My license was for 4ccr, but I WAS able to open up the existing CCR files and convert them to DMX instantly.

Now Im spending $120 upgrading my SS license...  Sigh.

It was that or $60 for 2 day mail on another 485.

I will tell you that there is a learning curve with SuperStar, but once you start getting the hang of it, it's amazing what you can do with it.  Essentially I do all my sequencing in SuperStar.  I just upgraded my SuperStar license from 40 to 60 CCRs a few days ago.  I don't need it for this year (about 5800 channels), but I will next year.

• The topic was locked