Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I export PE sequence into something I can actually use?

audihere

Been using Superstar Sequencer and Sequence Editor to create and play my shows, but I want to take advantage of some of the cool effects Pixel Editor can generate for my CCR2's.

I've created a prop, and inserted various cool animations.  Looks awesome on the preview in PE.  But now I'm stuck.

How do I save or export these into SS or SE so I can easily incorporate them into my show?  I've seen a couple instructional PDF files on PE but they sort of end at this point.

Thanks!

If you have your props built in the pixel editor now just open one of your sequences in the pixel editor  add the effects you want to that sequence then click on save intensity file and your done .

Be forewarned, that in S4, a given channel (RGB or otherwise) in a given sequence can only be sequenced in SE, PE, or SuperStar -- no overlap. In the new S5 beta, this restriction has been lifted -- one of its big advantages.

Matt

I'd gotten pretty good at using Superstar for my CCR's.  When is it advantageous to use PE instead?  I'd like to see the butterfly effect on my CCR's, but don't know how to do that is SuperStar.  Also got the image to work in PE but couldn't seem to get it to scroll up in SuperStar.  

Thanks,

Chris

On 11/24/2017 at 6:47 PM, Dennis Laff said:

If you have your props built in the pixel editor now just open one of your sequences in the pixel editor  add the effects you want to that sequence then click on save intensity file and your done .

The problem I am having is when I go to "save intensity data" it says I need the Pro version. Where can I get the Pro version & how much. Have looked at LOR store but can not find it.

On 26.11.2017 at 3:08 AM, MattBrown said:

Be forewarned, that in S4, a given channel (RGB or otherwise) in a given sequence can only be sequenced in SE, PE, or SuperStar -- no overlap. In the new S5 beta, this restriction has been lifted -- one of its big advantages.

Matt

I have almost this problem, but not exactly. I have a DMX unit (50 pixels strip) that I have sequenced in SE. But when I add effects in PE on other DMX devices, they "overwrite" the DMX unit from SE, even if I have made no changes to the DMX unit in PE. Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, eravndal said:

even if I have made no changes to the DMX unit in PE

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. But if that 50 pixel strip is defined in the Pixel Editor preview with Sequence Method="Pixel Editor", it will get written to the intensity data file -- and that data will conflict with the sequencing in your SE sequence. If that is the case, then change the Sequence Method for the 50 pixel strip to "Sequence Editor".

Matt

• Thanks 1