Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't get my CMB24D Floods to play in a sequence...

JBrunsonJr

I am such a newb at this RGB stuff, and after multiple searches, I still haven't found a clear cut set of instructions on setting up the floods to work.  I have it set up currently as controller number 3, right after two LOR 16 channel controllers. I can get all three units to work in the Hardware, but when trying to program a sequence, I can't get it to work.  I've had these for a year and a have now and am finally getting a chance to try and set them up.  What could I be doing wrong? When I play a sequence, I can get the other two controllers to work, just not the CMB24D.  So frustrating.

Sorry for asking such newb questions!!

Jack

Good question.  It appears to be version 3.11.2 advanced edition with superstar demo.  Is that enough info to go off of?

Edited by JBrunsonJr

35 minutes ago, JBrunsonJr said:

Good question.  It appears to be version 3.11.2 advanced edition with superstar demo.  Is that enough info to go off of?

That answered the question.  Advanced level has unlimited controller IDs.  If you had a Basic level license, you could only control unit IDs 01 & 02 - hence the reason for the question.

Next dumb question, you do have them in your sequence with the correct Unit IDs and Channels?

I assume that the status light on the CMB24D is solid and not blinking since you can control it with the HU.  Correct?

Are you attempting to control this from a sequence being played by the Show Player or from Sequence Editor?

Are you playing this from a director or from a PC?

That's enough for now.

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

That answered the question.  Advanced level has unlimited controller IDs.  If you had a Basic level license, you could only control unit IDs 01 & 02 - hence the reason for the question.

Next dumb question, you do have them in your sequence with the correct Unit IDs and Channels?

I assume that the status light on the CMB24D is solid and not blinking since you can control it with the HU.  Correct?

Are you attempting to control this from a sequence being played by the Show Player or from Sequence Editor?

Are you playing this from a director or from a PC?

That's enough for now.

I think this is where I might be messing up.  I have the dip switches to control it as Unit 3 and wired up as unit number three.  When in the Hardware screen, I can see it in the drop down menu as number three and can control it.  When I go into the sequencer and hit play, they do not turn on.  The other controllers work, but not those.  I think I set them up correctly.  I watched a bunch of YouTube videos, but those all reference using a DMX system, which I am not using.  I have all the circuits set to 1 thourgh 24 and and the unit numbers all as 3.  Soooo, yeah, I think I have missed something very basic here.   Oh, and thank you so much for all of your help.  It is REALLY appreciated.  Happy Thanksgiving!

1.PNG

The physical order of the Controllers does not matter, just those switches and jumpers.  The factory ships LOR mode, so the ID is all you need to set (and that must be correct if HU worked)

Your RGB light is attached to the first port group?

remember RGB is groups of 3 ports (connections), 8 total for a CMB24

The next  red will be port 4  (your 03-2)

Do you have more than 1 Network (RS485 dongle)?

• The topic was locked