Light-O-Rama Forums

CCBs not working for me... I dont get it

stunney

I have 4 CCB controllers and 8 strings of RGBs that I am trying to add to my display. When I go into HU and refresh it finds 13 units on com 4(which is wierd because the 4 controllers are the only thing connected to the network?) I can see 3 of the new CCB controllers (03, 04, and 06) but 05 says unknown device (along with the 9 other mystery devices it is seeing. I can test the lights in pixel console on the 3 CCBs and all the lights test ok, however when I try to play a text sequence in PE, nothing lights up outside (Control lights is on).

Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried setting this stuff up last year and ran into so many problems that i ended up giving up 3 days before christmas. I'm hoping to be able to actually turn my show on this year and not having a dark front yard.

Don't get too excited about the Hardware Utility.  The important part is can the software control the lights.  As for not able to control from PE:

1) Do you have the LOR control panel running (which brings up the Comm Listener).

2) Is the LOR network configured for Enhanced mode?

3)  Do you have a Pro level LOR software license?

Also keep in mind that the CCB controllers require 2 consecutive Unit IDs per control box.  So if you assign a CCB controller Unit ID 03 in the Hardware Utility, it will automatically use ID 03 and 04.  Therefore, the next UNIT ID you assign needs to be 05.

18 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Don't get too excited about the Hardware Utility.  The important part is can the software control the lights.  As for not able to control from PE:

1) Do you have the LOR control panel running (which brings up the Comm Listener).

2) Is the LOR network configured for Enhanced mode?

3)  Do you have a Pro level LOR software license?

Turns out I had set the network speed for 500K but did not click the enhanced network box.

Some of the lights are now somewhat working. I say somewhat because i have them programmed to do a red and green pattern but some of the bulbs are lighting up blue. I am still getting mystery devices when i refresh in HU, and now it doesnt find 05 at all(before it had 05 in the list but said unknown device). I'm going to try a different cat5 cable to controller 05 and see if that fixes it - it is the last controller in the daisy chain.

11 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Also keep in mind that the CCB controllers require 2 consecutive Unit IDs per control box.  So if you assign a CCB controller Unit ID 03 in the Hardware Utility, it will automatically use ID 03 and 04.  Therefore, the next UNIT ID you assign needs to be 05.

When I initially set up the controllers in HU, I set up unit ID mode as Normal (Single ID). Do I still need to do as you described above?

46 minutes ago, stunney said:

When I initially set up the controllers in HU, I set up unit ID mode as Normal (Single ID). Do I still need to do as you described above?

No you don’t, but I highly recommend it.  Much easier to keep track of stuff in your head when all the strings have the same channel assignments (other than a different Unit ID).  Remembering that pixel 22 is always channels 64-66 is easier than remembering that sometimes it’s 64-66 and sometimes 224-226.

Unless you are license limit to only a few controller IDs, there is little reason to use it in single ID mode.  IMHO

40 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

No you don’t, but I highly recommend it.  Much easier to keep track of stuff in your head when all the strings have the same channel assignments (other than a different Unit ID).  Remembering that pixel 22 is always channels 64-66 is easier than remembering that sometimes it’s 64-66 and sometimes 224-226.

Unless you are license limit to only a few controller IDs, there is little reason to use it in single ID mode.  IMHO

OK Thanks. I will have to change the unit IDs and see if that helps.

I dont know what I did since my last post but now nothing is lighting up during playback again. I didnt change anything..... Getting very frustrated....

I changed the unit IDs on the 3 controllers that are communicating with HU and updated all of the info in PE but still nothing lighting up outside now.

So I replaced the cat5 to the last controller and changed all of the unit IDs to allow for 2 IDs per controller and I am happy to report that everything is now working. Now I have a lot of programming to do in a short period of time lol.

Thanks for your help!!!

• The topic was locked