Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP controllers only controlling newer strings

toddm1919

I have two CCPv2 contollers, both with v1.21 firmware.  One will control my older CCP strings (3 years old), but not the CCP strings I purchased last year.  The other will do the opposite.  It will control the newer pixels but not the older ones.  Any ideas on why this would happen?

Todd

I was going to ask a similar question. I wanted to order a replacement string for my "original" CCB controller and went to the LOR store and saw:

http://store.lightorama.com/12vgrrgbbu50.html

Then I noticed this in the description:

• Can be controlled by Pixie4, Pixie8, Pixie16, CCC-II and Pixcon16 devices
  • NOT compatible with the Cosmic Color Pixel Controller

Not sure if this is related or not, but I think the new strings are different in they have a 5' lead on them vs the old ones having maybe 2 feet.

In summary, and maybe someone else can jump in here, I don't think the original CCB/CCP controllers can control the "new" strings, and vice versa.

As I understand it, the old CCB/CCPs are 5 volt and the new ones are 12 volt.  The linked page specifically states that these are 12 volt bulbs.

My old CCB strings have a four pronged waterproof connection with four wires and the new CCB-II's have a three pronged waterproof connector and three wires.  "Square peg in round hole!" syndrome.

The 4 wire are the original CCB's and use the LOR CCB controller.    The 3 wire are the new CCB and are WS2811 chip that use different controllers than the older type and will NOT work with the older style CCB controller.   You can use the new RGB controllers.

Let me clarify.  I do not have any CCP-II strings or controllers. Both strings have 4 wires.  The "newer" ones were purchased last season prior to the CCB-II coming out.

• The topic was locked