Light-O-Rama Forums

Can’t find sequence file with file explorer

service call

I need to delete a couple of sequence files, because they are messing me up, but when I use windows file explorer it tells me the folders where they’re stored are empty. 

So I backed up, then deleted the folders themselves. Rebooted and opened up SE, and the folder was still available and the songs were there. Went back to file explorer and the folder was not visible. 

Any idea what I’m doing wrong. This is windows 10

If searching by a full file name, try shortening the words/leeters in the search.  Could always try searching ".lms" to get a full list of sequence files and browing tthat list for particular files. 

• Thanks 1

I can find the folder they’re stored in but when I open the folder it says “empty”. But in SE it shows them and opens right up. 

3 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Thanks. I never tried a right click on that screen. That will help. But why is it the file doesn’t show up in file explorer? Also it does come up for editing in SE. 

Edited by service call
Added final comment

I was trying to avoid that question!     From here is sounds like you have two folders mixed up.    As Ralphie said,  do a whole drive search of your .lms files and carefully check the folder names to be sure they reside where you expect.

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 1

This somewhat related to your issue. I use a program called xplorer2lite instead of trying to use Windows explorer. There are a bunch of benefits, for instance it opens 2 explorer windows side by side, so you can copy/move easier. It has a bookmark feature which makes it easy to return to frequently used directories and a lot of other features you might find handy. I have mine setup for my views I wish to see, after you install it, you may have to set it up for your preferences.

Here are the links, after using this you may not use Windows File Explorer again.  There is a version you can buy, or they have a free version for home use.

Alan...

xplorer2.png

Edited by default
  • Thanks 1

Well I seem to have found a couple locations where things are stored. This is a fairly new computer but I guess my backups throughout the years have gone to some different folders. When I reinstalled them I think I hosed myself  

Now I’ve got to go through and delete stuff. What a pain!

I need a Mac version?

Thanks for the help. 

• The topic was locked