Light-O-Rama Forums

Fuses outputs

Antonio

Once you have collected your suggestions and technical data I will mount a tree with the controller Pixie Controller 16, the 16 outputs will support 100 pixel 2811 12V each.
The question that arises to me at the time is the following will I need current injection? in the assumption that no fuses of the controller outputs will stand without melting?
Thank you for your help

It somewhat depends on the strings being used.  100 pixels MAY exceed the current limit for each output of the controller when full white.  Best bet is to hook up one string and measure the current and see what it is when the string is full white on all channels.  Easiest way to measure it is to remove the fuse for that output and put the two probes of a DVM that is in a 10A DC current setting in place of the fuse.  That way you can measure the current that would be going through the fuse.  If something bad happens or the current measures higher than the controller can supply, it's a simple matter to pull the DVM probes off the fuse terminals to kill power.

• The topic was locked