Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16 issues

Mr. P

I have a CTB16PC V2 that I can't get any power out of channels 1-8. Channels 9-16 are fine and I have power going in to the unit. The fuse has tested good so what else do I need to test?

I got a reply from the Help Desk, they told me to swap the fuses to see if ch 9-16 go out to check the fuse and reset, same result.

Well, I got frustrated because I couldn't find anything wrong so I took the controller apart. The controller is about 10 years old and most of the soldering joints were old and oxidized so I pulled out the trusty heat gun and reflowed the solder on the board. I also put new solder in about two dozen joints, put it all back together and everything is working perfect now.

While I had it apart I also coverted it to one plug since all my lights are led.

4 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Was this a full DYI Kit originally?

I don't think so but then again I am not sure. This was the very first controller I got when I started in LOR five years ago. It was one of three that I got at an estate sale for $100.

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Amazing how that works. Glad you got it working. 

I did it with a PS3 a few years ago so I figured it wasn't working so what did I have to lose?

If it didn't work I was going to get with LOR and see about the trade-in program  :D

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked