Light-O-Rama Forums

Command Line for running a sequence?

Carsten

Greetings, LoR junkies!

I'm trying to create a form of automation for launching an LOR sequence (or show, since the show can have a single sequence in it) based on a command line.  The idea is to allow visitors to the show to select which sequence they would like to watch.  I plan to use Visual Basic to run a script when a song is selected online, but I need a command line that says "run LOR/jinglebells" or whatever song is selected.

Has anyone determined how to launch an LOR show via command line?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Carsten Ramcke

Allen Park, MI

Thanks, Jim.  That is almost exactly what I'd like to accomplish.  You may have just saved me a lot of work...

Are you using this service now?

- Carsten

I believe Bob is in the middle of an update right now as I cannot currently access the installer. It was working fine yesterday. I am assuming it will be fixed shortly.

I have used it for the last two seasons and would hate to run without it.

7 minutes ago, Carsten said:

Thanks, Jim.  That is almost exactly what I'd like to accomplish.  You may have just saved me a lot of work...

Are you using this service now?

Glad to be able to save you a bunch of work.  It sounded like it was a pretty close match to what you were trying to do.  Not much point in re-inventing the wheel!

I planned on using MIIP last year, but found that it would not run on my Windows XP show computer (required a newer version of .net framework than you could install on XP).  For several reasons, the show computer has been replaced a few days ago and I will be running MIIP this year.  There is another forum member here (BMurray) that lives about 10 miles away that started using MIIP last year so I got to play with it last year.  Very cool.

As Brian said in the second post, it's pretty easy to do with interactive sequences using local push buttons to start sequences.  I have a testing show that is all interactives and I use a remote control panel to trigger whatever sequence I want to see for testing.  If you want information on that part, just ask.

Miip install is back up.    This is a registration application.   You must send me email and ask for the four letter/number site code you want. 

Latest version http://miip.mobi/install/index.html   currently 1.5.0.9 MUST use IE to install.  After that you can use any browser.   

This year I added the ability to have an opening and closing song for a scheduled show.    You can also add background .las files to play.  

There are new secret passwords which allow you to bump a song or announcement up or down without voting for it.  

10 hours ago, Carsten said:

Greetings, LoR junkies!

I'm trying to create a form of automation for launching an LOR sequence (or show, since the show can have a single sequence in it) based on a command line.  The idea is to allow visitors to the show to select which sequence they would like to watch.  I plan to use Visual Basic to run a script when a song is selected online, but I need a command line that says "run LOR/jinglebells" or whatever song is selected.

Has anyone determined how to launch an LOR show via command line?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Carsten Ramcke

Allen Park, MI

Hey Carsten 

There is no direct way which has been discovered and LOR aint telling.   But we have figured out some tricks.   Create a test show file.lss with no songs in it and you will see it looks something like this. 

"((0,1,2,0,,,T,F,F),(0,1,2,0,,,T,F,F),(1,0,1,0,,(^),T,F,F),(0,1,2,0,,,T,F,F),,(2,0,1,0,,,T,F,F),, 0,,F)"

Use it as your template to insert sequences.    Replace the "^" with the sequence file name. 

The show player detects when the playing show file has changed.  It will do a graceful shutdown and restart with the newly changed file having the next song in it.,

Miip does this for you and creates a skinable website for you which shows your playlist and which is playing now. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Bob, and everyone who has responded.  I will give this a try and will provide a link when (if) I get the website finished...

- Carsten

I had posted a couple months ago that I planned on using MIIP this year.  Well, this year is here and except for my opening night when I wanted a specific order of songs, I have been running MIIP for the past six nights.  I'm sort of pushing the edges of what MIIP can do and there have been a few learning pains (and I created an oops last night that I was able to detect and fix from my phone while on my commuter train going home), but it's working great.  Although I have done a bunch of song selection using MIIP for testing (or playing around), as far as I can tell, I had the first visitor select a song about one o'clock this morning.