Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX with Geyser Fogger - Fog but no lights

msbling

Took the plunge for my volcano - Chauvet Geyser P4 with DMX, iDMX1000 controller set to E0, a real DMX cord (not mic cord), Pro license 4.3.24. Fogger works fine with the remote control. Button #1 = Fog + Red (last resort, I can walk around hitting the remote, but I really want it in the sequence)  In HU, I can control the Master switch and everything turns on, all colors of lights and fog.  Geyser manual says 1= fog, 2=red, 3=Green, etc.  When I put on 1 + 2 = nothing.  When I slide 4 = FOG only- HUH?? Tried all kinds of combinations. What I want is Fog + Red or Fog + Amber to look like fire!   Made sure I was in the correct channels E0-E16.  Called Chauvet and they were not helpful at all since they never heard of LOR and I wasn't using their controller.  It was quite frustrating, really.  LOR Help said to call Chauvet since it looks like an addressing problem.  HU at least tells me it's communicating with the fogger, but not with the addresses I want. My short animation sequence was a bust - nothing at all worked.

What am I missing?  Anyone using this fogger in their show?  Pic below shows "All on"

IMG_4712.JPG

• Thanks 1

What are the specific channels for the fogger? Most likely, you need to have the master up at 100% before you'll get lights. I believe these forgers have different channel count configurations. Do you have the fogger set to the configuration you're actually using via DMx? I actually use the same fogger with pure DMX all the time in a theatre setting, so I'm sure it's a simple fix.

msbling,

I don't have a Chauvet Fogger, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, no opps wrong thread. :P

I do have a Chauvet DJ Swarm (programmable Laser and Led lights unit) When it comes to sequencing in LOR as Oliver says you have to set the master channel to whatever DMX number the unit calls for before the unit will respond.

Even though the thread below doesn't pertain to a Fogger, I explained to another user how to sequence for his Chauvet Laser. (I would assume it should be similar steps) Take a look at this thread and see if it helps, if not let us know. See my first  and later post in this thread. I posted pics of all the steps we do for Chauvet Laser as I say they should be the same.

O, btw, A Fogger Volcano, and you are from Hawaii is to cool. When you get this work please share a video. I would love t see this. B)

Alan...

Hi Oliver, It's 10 channels: 1=Fog, 2= Red, 3= Green, 4=Blue 5 = Amber; 6=UV, 7= Color Macros where %/Setting 010 - 017 = Color Macro 1 and 018 - 025 = Color Macro 2, etc.   8+ Color Macro Speed;  9=Strobe 10 = Dimmer.  The manual is here: https://cdn01.usedlighting.com/products/files/f577830e087f82.pdf

The Unit ID, it was pre-set to E0, so I left it alone.  The Fogger address is D...1.   When I added the iDMX1000, it assigned 16 channels E0.01 to E0.16. I have not worked with dmx before, as you can tell, so I just thought turn on channel 1 and you get fog, add channel 2 and it adds red - NOT.  I don't see anything that says Master on the fogger side, just on the counsel in HU.

Any assistance is appreciated.

If you're putting up channel 4 and getting fog, it does sound like an address issue, did you try putting up channel 10 (the dimmer channel) to see if that changes anything.

SUCESS!! Thank you Orville and Alan (I read all the tutorials - whew).  Anyway, the Dimmer has to be on to control any lights, so that was channel 10.  So for anything with lights 10 is always on, then add channel 1 for fog and 2 for red light.  A small animation sequence and it works!!  Now to build the Volcano/Te Ka Goddess prop.

The problem with channel 4 was on the fogger DMX address setting. It changes by itself when playing with the HU, so you always have to go back and manually change back to 1.  Some kind of glich.

Mahalo everyone!

• The topic was locked