Light-O-Rama Forums

Shapes in Pixel Editor

gbernau

Does someone have the definition for Lines (Connected and Unconnected) as they relate to the Pixel editor? What is the difference and are they used for a pixel light string?

Greg

Welcome aboard, Greg!

I'm not sure if I completely understand your question, but I'll give it a try.  Both the connected and unconnected do the exact same thing: they let you place pixels (bulbs) in a line. The difference is that the connected lines, visually, do not separate; they are a line with several control points.  The unconnected line is the same thing as above; except the individuals lines. In essence, you have several disconnected lines that are a part of a single prop.  Because both options are a part of a single prop, the bulbs will space equally across all sections.

You can use any pre-defined shape for pixel strings.  When you work with pixels, we apply effects across the entire prop.  Unlike the traditional sequence editor, the locations of each pixel IS important for the pixel editor.  Regardless of your design, the predefined shapes all work in tandem to enable us to create props in their true location.  The unconnected line is a slight variation of the connected line to enable you to model something in a slightly different way than if it was connected.

If you still have questions, don't hesitate to continue asking them!  

• Thanks 1