Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Controller isn't working properly

David K

We have 3 LOR controllers and a HC controller and they all work fine except for one of them. The light inside the controller blinks green and goes solid green accordingly along with the other LOR controllers, but the xmas lights plugged into the controller do not turn on with everything else. It only has 6 channels inside this controller. Any suggestions or explanations? Thank you.

Does it show up in Hardware Utility?  If not, verify the Device ID.  Connect the PC directly to that controller (and only that controller) -- now can you see it in Hardware Utility?  It could just be a bad cable somewhere, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the one going to that unit, as strange as that sounds.

Bizarre enough it does show up in the Light-O-Rama Hardware application. I downloaded it via the "Configure..Download..Test" section and it found it (calls it "03 - 16PC-G3 Ver. 1.06"). I'm testing the lights with the "Test Unit's Operation" section by chasing the lights and nothing is turning on. I double checked and it's plugged into power properly.

I FIGURED IT OUT. Turns out one of our extension cables was damaged. Can't tell where on the cable it got damaged but nevertheless doesn't work.

• The topic was locked