Light-O-Rama Forums

G3 Show Director PROBLEMS UGH...

MikeGee1218

I am at a loss right now. I just can't seem to get this unit working correctly. I have spoken to folks at LOR three times already. I have updated the firmware, stripped all of my meta-data off of my MP3s, made sure they were all 128, ran all of my sequences through the verifier.

I'm still having nothing but problems, when I power up sometimes the sequences don't start it all, when they do half of my CCR tree does not work or locks up, sometimes my LOR 16Ccontrollers don't turn on, sometimes it plays fine for one song, then skips, sometimes there is music, but no lights, sometimes nothing happens at all. It just a big mess. Is anyone else having any issues with this? I'm starting to think I should just run my show right off of my compute

8 hours ago, MikeGee1218 said:

I am at a loss right now. I just can't seem to get this unit working correctly. I have spoken to folks at LOR three times already. I have updated the firmware, stripped all of my meta-data off of my MP3s, made sure they were all 128, ran all of my sequences through the verifier.

I'm still having nothing but problems, when I power up sometimes the sequences don't start it all, when they do half of my CCR tree does not work or locks up, sometimes my LOR 16Ccontrollers don't turn on, sometimes it plays fine for one song, then skips, sometimes there is music, but no lights, sometimes nothing happens at all. It just a big mess. Is anyone else having any issues with this? I'm starting to think I should just run my show right off of my compute

Welcome to the forum Mike.

I don't have CCR stuff in my show, so I'm not familiar with the extra problems there. But sometimes the simple problems can hit us all. I know from personal problems that many issues are in the SD cards. I know, doesn't make sense... But.... Stay away from Sandisk. LOR recommends Kingston. I even have had good luck with Lexar. The Sandisk would have to be wiggled before each show and sometimes during. You know the drill - 1 hand behind back, standing on left foot, tongue looped up - then talking sweetly to the miniDirector... Kingston card starts every night without opening my unit. Perfect.

Might try just building a show with a few songs on a different SD card and see what happens.

Good luck,

Daniel

• The topic was locked