Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP Tree - Network Regular vs AUX

ChrisJW

Last minute setup of CCP tree with 6 controllers (CCP100D). I already am using 4 LOR Controllers on the Regular Network. My Question is will I have issues with the CCP controllers on the Regular Network versus the AUX Network setup. I am not sure if I can use the laptop controlling the system to connect to a AUX network in the first place yet.... I thought I read somewhere that the use of the computer's LAN port to controller was possible?

This issue popped up when I purchased sequences from two different makers. 1 used Regular Network for controllers and the other used AUX C and Aux D. I also think they are using two different Unit ID Modes, Normal (single id) and Dual Normal (CCB two Unit IDs). Not only do I have to insert the CCP sequence in to an existing network but then also modify the controller addressing.

Thanks for any insight

Last year I had 3 CCPs connected along with 8 LOR controllers on the regular network.  No problem. Programmed everything with the Sequence Editor.

This year, I wanted to use the Pixel Editor which required using the enhanced LOR network, so I put my CCPs on the AUX A (set it to enhanced), with all other controllers on the regular network.

If I were you, I'd try to run them all on the regular network first.

Setting up an Aux channel is just plugging in another USB dongle and setting that port to the Aux channel. (Then updating the channel config to use the Aux port).

12 strings plus your four existing controllers would be OK - IF you can run at 500k speed. If your existing controllers can't handle 500k speed, you will need to use two networks. To run a second network only requires a second USB to RS-485 adapter (get the red high speed version). Put all or most of the CCB controllers on the new network. It's easy to move then around in the software.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• The topic was locked