Light-O-Rama Forums

Install issue

DownTown

Hey Guys,

I'm installing 4.3.14 on a windows XP laptop to run my (soon to be) award winning display at work. I downloaded 4.3.14 from LOR and when I run it on the XP machine, I get a stop that says "The procedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL". This happens as soon as I launce the installer, and will not proceed beyond this point. I immediately figured I had a corrupt installed, so I downloaded it again from the alternate site, and tried again, with the same results. Now I'm worried that 4.3.14 won't run on XP. Have the requirements changed? Thanks a lot.

D.T.

Make sure you have admin right.  Both this computer and my show computer are XP (and run with local admin rights).  It's still a pain in the butt.  I pretty much have to uninstall LOR (but not do the registry wipe), and install.  I have also had it appear to work, but when starting SE for the first time, it crpas out.  Normally the removal and re-install solves that problem.

Thanks for the info. The laptop that I borrowed had XP Gold (no service packs installed), so SP3 wouldn't install without SP1 being installed. I was able to find the correct version of SP3, but not of SP1. I decided to bite the bullet and buy a refurbished laptop running Windows 10. The dongle is on the way too, so I hope to have things operational at work by December 1st or 2nd. Thanks again for your time.

D.T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk