Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Pigtails

submarine guy

I recently purchased (20) 50 pixel strings from DIYLEDEXPRESS to use with my pixie16 when it arrives.  Can I use any 3 wire pigtail for the connection or should I buy directly from them?  Holidaycoro pigtails say they only work with holidaycoro strips but that doesn't make sense to me.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, submarine guy said:

I recently purchased (20) 50 pixel strings from DIYLEDEXPRESS to use with my pixie16 when it arrives.  Can I use any 3 wire pigtail for the connection or should I buy directly from them?  Holidaycoro pigtails say they only work with holidaycoro strips but that doesn't make sense to me.  Thanks.

It depends on the connecter that came on your pixels. If the pixels came bare wire and you are soldering on connectors then you can use anything. If you are talking about the xlr connectors, the round, 3-pin watertight type then you need to make sure you get the correct ones as there are several different sizes out there.

It depends on the connecter that came on your pixels. If the pixels came bare wire and you are soldering on connectors then you can use anything. If you are talking about the xlr connectors, the round, 3-pin watertight type then you need to make sure you get the correct ones as there are several different sizes out there.

5c60e0df68b7fb94d0734ccd8d30736d.jpg

As you can see mine came bare wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and no.  Depends on the pigtails.  There are several "standards" for physical arrangements of the pigtails  Some have different physical shape or size.  I am using some for wire pigtails with my GE Color Effects lights (even though the GECE light only uses three wires) because I had them in stock.  The most common difference is that some use a D shape and some have a notch for indexing.  If you are using pigtails to provide a quick disconnect to pixels that would otherwise have wire ends, it does not matter which ones you use other than once you standardize on one, you are largely stick with those.  That's what I'm doing with my GECE bulbs.  If on the other hand, your pixels have connectors on the end of the string, then you have to use the mating connector.

Mr. P, you beat me to the answer...  Guess I should have looked at the someone else has posted a reply notice before I hit Submit...

12 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yes and no.  Depends on the pigtails.  There are several "standards" for physical arrangements of the pigtails  Some have different physical shape or size.  I am using some for wire pigtails with my GE Color Effects lights (even though the GECE light only uses three wires) because I had them in stock.  The most common difference is that some use a D shape and some have a notch for indexing.  If you are using pigtails to provide a quick disconnect to pixels that would otherwise have wire ends, it does not matter which ones you use other than once you standardize on one, you are largely stick with those.  That's what I'm doing with my GECE bulbs.  If on the other hand, your pixels have connectors on the end of the string, then you have to use the mating connector.

So just to be clear, since this is my first year doing pixels, these would be perfectly fine?

http://www.holidaycoro.com/3-Conductor-Waterproof-Pigtail-p/723.htm

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In looking at the pixels that came with my Pixie16, it does not look like the ones at http://www.holidaycoro.com/3-Conductor-Waterproof-Pigtail-p/723.htm. Does anyone know where to get a pigtail connector so I can extend the distance from the controller to the actual string?

In looking at the pixels that came with my Pixie16, it does not look like the ones at http://www.holidaycoro.com/3-Conductor-Waterproof-Pigtail-p/723.htm. Does anyone know where to get a pigtail connector so I can extend the distance from the controller to the actual string?

Do you have a picture?

10 hours ago, submarine guy said:

Do you have a picture?

Below are the pigtails that come on the pixel strand and controller.

Pigtail Connectors for LOR Pixie16 resized2.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:28 PM, submarine guy said:

5c60e0df68b7fb94d0734ccd8d30736d.jpg

As you can see mine came bare wire.

Hey, do these pixes work pretty good with the Pixie16 board?  I am in need of some new pixels seems how apparently I was an idiot and hooked the 12 v supply to the pixie16 board with the 5v pixes from lor and messing up all the led's, I'm not looking to spend the 500 to get all new leds and I see amazon has these same pixels in 12v, do they work good with the pixie16 board? and any thoughts on where to maybe get some mounting strips? 

Hey, do these pixes work pretty good with the Pixie16 board?  I am in need of some new pixels seems how apparently I was an idiot and hooked the 12 v supply to the pixie16 board with the 5v pixes from lor and messing up all the led's, I'm not looking to spend the 500 to get all new leds and I see amazon has these same pixels in 12v, do they work good with the pixie16 board? and any thoughts on where to maybe get some mounting strips? 

I got mine from diyledexpress. Haven't tested them yet with the pixie board. I got my strips from holiday coro.

• The topic was locked