Light-O-Rama Forums

4.2.12 Virus - No LOR programs will run

LarryDrumAZ

I just downloaded the 4.2.12 bug fix and my security software says it has a virus.  Consequently, when I try to run any LOR programs after installations, they will not run.  It brings up the DX installation window and a Light-O-Rama.MSI page.  See attached photos for errors.

post-3761-0-09215800-1449657652_thumb.pn

post-3761-0-88040300-1449657650_thumb.pn

(Here's what LOR is telling people via help desk.)

Recently one of the Anti Virus software makers flagged our Servodog utility and the entire Light-O-Rama program directory as a virus. This is a false positive. We have attempted to contact them, however the issue remains.

You need to open your Anti Virus software and exclude the entire Light-O-Rama program directory. That directory should be either C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama or C:\Program Files(x86)\Light-O-Rama.

Once you exclude that directory things should work better. You may need to re-install the LOR software. Please check the documentation for your Anti-Virus software on how to exclude a directory. You may also want to contact your Anti Virus software provider and let them know about the false positive.

• Like 1

Don,

I have to say....you do a fantastic job of being here and helping out in any way you can. While this issue has not affected me, I do appreciate your time, help and knowledge.

Thank you!!

• Like 1

If you only knew how many hours I spent trying to get a hold of those people.  Every time I finally got someone to respond via email or talk to me on the phone they wanted a license key before they would listen.  I tried explaining that I was from a company that they were flagging a false positive on and that I just need to find the right people to talk to about getting it unflagged.  

EVERY time it was 'We need a license key before we can continue'.  I finally had to give up and we now send people that advice Don posted.  It's the best we can do.  

That is also why we are asking users to contact them.  At least you have a license key and they may talk to you.

To make matters worse:  It is not just 'Bit Defender', but other 'boutique' anti-virus software as well.  These other little AV places (say like the one that your ISP gives you) actually have Bit Defender under the covers or use their signature files.