Light-O-Rama Forums

Show does not repeat

WeissWelsh

Hello,

This is my 7th year and have a problem with the show. I have the latest 4.2.10 software. 

The show will play just fine until it gets to the very end. At that point one of two things will happen depending on the songs I have in the show.  

#1 - The show will not repeat even though I chose it to run continuously. It just stops at the end with no error message in the status window.

#2 - Sometimes, after the last song, it will play one of the songs over and over forever.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what the problem is? I've never had this problem before. 

Bob 

I've got a similar problem. Also using 4.2.10. I've been using show on demand and when the player gets to the end of the liswt, it throws an error message as it tries to play the first sequence again. It throws the same error message repeatedly for each sequence and won't stop scrolling text until I disable the show. Or, it will loop the show and then just start throwing error messages anywhwere it likes. First problem I've EVER had with the Show Player all the way back to S2.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED YESTERDAY ALREADY!!!!!!

Has anyone tried putting a sequence in the finale/closing tab in each show? Sorry, can't get the terminology right as I'm at work. Maybe if it sees that it's supposed to stop and restart at the end of the show you might get rid of the bug. Just my nickel, no more pennies up here : )

I've had a help ticket into LOR on this since Thursday. Bob is working to resolve. To work around this tonight (as I didn't want to have to keep starting my show over) was to do the following: put song a, b, c etc into the list.... List them again a, b, c etc.... I kept repeating this method until I knew my 4hr show would be filled. Been running all night without issues. I am running condensed sequences and preloading them as well

Just a shot in the dark, but do you have "load all sequences before they are played" checked.

I just tried it and it still has the same problem. It was a good idea though. Thanks.,

Thank you everyone for letting me know it wasn't just me. I thought I was doing something wrong. I'll just wait until it's fixed, which I hope is VERY soon.

I've had a help ticket into LOR on this since Thursday. Bob is working to resolve. To work around this tonight (as I didn't want to have to keep starting my show over) was to do the following: put song a, b, c etc into the list.... List them again a, b, c etc.... I kept repeating this method until I knew my 4hr show would be filled. Been running all night without issues. I am running condensed sequences and preloading them as well

Great idea. While I'm not thrilled with this as a final solution, it does get my show up and running. THANK YOU so much for that idea. My show is now running thanks to this temporary fix. :-)

Strange because I'm using 4.2.10 for the show computer and I'm not seeing this happen here. At the last song, it cycles back normally and continues till the end time scheduled, then it goes into soft shutdown normally.

I am using PRO with the same problems  My show ran well throughout Halloween using an earlier release version and no pixel editor effects. 

Thank you LightsinMaine for submitting a trouble ticket to LOR. 

PLS keep us all informed when someone has a solution for this problem.

Thank you.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED YESTERDAY ALREADY!!!!!!

George I do believe they will hear you !!  :)   I hope soon though !  :)

For what it's worth, my show computer is running 4.2.4 and did not have this as an issue. My show has one song that uses an intensity file from SuperStar.

Thanks Jim for the added info.  I am sure your info will help out the LOR guys to cure this problem.

For what it's worth, my show computer is running 4.2.4 and did not have this as an issue. My show has one song that uses an intensity file from SuperStar.

No issue here as well. Running the same version. I'm doing 3 separate shows. Tonight's has 17 songs in rotation. No issues whatsoever (fingers crossed ) The show repeats as expected. No blips or glitches noticed.

For the first time since Thursday, my show ran error-free on Sunday evening. The only thing I did differently was I had a salad for lunch and cut back a bit on my chocolate intake. I wish I had tried that on Thursday. Perhaps I've found another possible work-around? I'll keep everyone posted.

Edited by George Simmons

For the first time since Thursday, my show ran error-free on Sunday evening. The only thing I did differently was I had a salad for lunch and cut back a bit on my chocolate intake. I wish I had tried that on Thursday. Perhaps I've found another possible work-around? I'll keep everyone posted.

Cutting back on your chocolate intake is NEVER a good solution to any problem.  :D

I ran 4.3.2 last night without issue. I was reluctant to start a new version after a season had begun but I went ahead and tried it knowing I could go back to 4.2.10. Anyway, it worked too without issue as far as running the show. I didn't do anything else with it as all the sequencing is done.