Light-O-Rama Forums
Softball Shawn

12CCR tree one network or two?

First year running a 12CCR tree and I have all 12 running on one high speed 485 USB adapter. At times I notice an ever so slight bit of lag, not something anyone besides myself would likely notice. Think that would be cleared up if I ran a second high speed adapter, one for 1-6 and the second for 7-12?

I run two high speed networks just for the ccr tree and a regular network for the other lor controllers. Brian ( Superstarlights ) recommends at least two networks .

• Like 1

Hey Shawn,

My first year with CCR I ran one network dedicated to the CCR tree as well, it does work but definitely got the lag as you mention. The next year & ever since I added the 2nd network and poof! Nice smooth sequences!  I have one network (currently 10 controllers)  for my L.E.D.s set to regular and AUX A network for ribbons 1-6 & AUX B network for ribbons 7 -12.

As Dennis stated, Brian recommends the two networks and he knows being the Super Star creator!