Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert Dumb RGB Sequences to Smart RGB

Caleb Linburg

Im using the pixel editor for my new smart strips and I have some old sequences from when I just had the dumb strips that I would like to convert to work on the new ones. I might change a few seconds in the pixel editor to add smart effects, but for most of the song I would like them just to act as dumb strips and I do not want to have to resequence the songs just to achieve what I already had last year. Is there any easy way to go about this, considering last years were done in the sequence editor and I would like this years to all be in the pixel editor if possible? Also, not as important but I switched some elements from incandescent bulbs (only one channel per element) to smart bulbs (50 per element) and I'm wondering if I could select a color and copy the sequence over just that they would be all on in that color as if they were just a regular string of lights and that channel turned one. Both of these would make my sequencing go a lot easier for some of the songs that I liked last year. Thanks. 

Hi Caleb  

Take a look at the Matrix multiplier function of Clipboard flipper.   Save a clipboard with the set of old single pixel string.  Open it in matrix multiplier and enter how many reps you want.   Then generate the new clipboard.  Open it in SE and paste. 

Ok, have used that tool in the past but didn't know about this new feature. That should work great. Is there any way to copy/paste from SE to PE or somehow export my configuration from PE to SE? I don't have the channels setup for SE because I normally just "save as intensity data" and that adds the program to SE. 

Ok. Im using it and it is working great for me as far as getting everything transferred. For stuff that was perviously RGB, it keeps the color, for thins that were single channel last year, I can only make it white now because that is all of the channels on. Is there any way to change the color from white to maybe red or green before I paste it onto the correct channels? 

DL this      Non-rgb clipboard wont work correctly in Matrix Multiplier.    First convert the pattern into pixels and select the color.  Then use that clipboard in MM.

Edited by ItsMeBobO