Light-O-Rama Forums

Daisy chain?

Paducks

Hello I am still fairly new to all of this so any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Our first year (last year) we bought the showtime central with one controller box and kept it in the garage for the show. This year we purchased the GP3 and an additional controller.

First: how to I still use the FM antennae that came with the showtime central but also upgrade to the GP3 instead of the minidirector?

Second: What is a good way to connect my two controllers if I have them on opposite ends of the yard? (Our yard has driveway right down the middle). Extension cords of course but can the cat cables be on the ground as long as the plugs are weather protected? We live in the northwest of PA with common temps below 10 degrees and lots of snow/ice etc.

I apologize if these are stupid questions but I have read the forum discussions and couldn't get an answer to these two. Thanks for helping another newbie!

Cat5 should be ok, but it is not designed for that. There is outdoor installation and direct burial Cat6 which is not expensive and will be better than normal patch cable in colder temperatures. I don't know what the LOR stuff is but it doesn't feel incredibly thick and strong.

You could go wireless, using Easy Light Linkers (ELL)

http://store.lightorama.com/ealili.html

Ordinary cat5 should be perfectly fine though.

To connect the FM transmitter from your Showtime Central to your new player I think that you just connect the mini-jack to the socket on the new player.

Cat5 should be ok, but it is not designed for that. There is outdoor installation and direct burial Cat6 which is not expensive and will be better than normal patch cable in colder temperatures. I don't know what the LOR stuff is but it doesn't feel incredibly thick and strong.

You could go wireless, using Easy Light Linkers (ELL)

http://store.lightorama.com/ealili.html

Ordinary cat5 should be perfectly fine though.

To connect the FM transmitter from your Showtime Central to your new player I think that you just connect the mini-jack to the socket on the new player.

Thank you! When you wrote about the easy light linkers I forgot I grabbed them in the April sale! Looking forward to using them this year as last year there were too many extension cords to count!

I will try that suggestion for the gp3 and see if that works! Thanks again!!

• Like 1