Light-O-Rama Forums

PixCon16: Network Config can't configure

beckntrav

Your lights are telling you the Pixcon is powered on correctly but not receiving data, as Dennis stated did you put the IP address in the LOR network preferences? LOR needs to know where to send the data.

beckntrav I didn't see it posted but is the com listener running?

When running sequences with DMX the com listener needs to be running. Could you also post a screencap of that screen?

I'm with you now. I tried using the "Automatic" setting then changed it to a static IP.  I've set the pixcon card to 192.168.1.102 and the PC to 192.168.1.100 both with a subnet of 255.255.255.0.  I didn't know what to use as a preferred DNS, so I left it blank.  I can ping the card. https://drive.google...YlR4MkltWjVrcGc

Darryl, Here's the screenshot from my comm listener -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Ld51VJAof6dEZ2c19MYWEwTGM

To eliminate varibles, I've connected my PixCon16 card directly to my PC.  I'm beginning to think it's something in the LOR suite. 

Edited by beckntrav

If you can ping the controller then the computer and controller can talk. The problem is in your programming, it is so much easier to watch a video then try to type it out, here is a different controller in LOR S3 but it is basically the same:

Is the screencap of your comm listener in post # 25 current?

The screencap in post #15 is different.

The ip address for universe 1 is correct in post 15 but not in 25.

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The green light on the PixCon16 board has been blinking the entire time.  In the instructions, there isn't a scenario for that, so I assumed an error.  I hadn't noticed that i wired up the leds backwards which was not allowing a signal to go through. 

To anyone who reads this:

1. The green light on the PixCon16 board will blink and the red light will be steady when functioning properly.

2. Make sure to hook your led lights in the right way or you will spend days debugging a system that works correctly.

:D   You guys are the best.  Thank you!

Glad you go it working.

Hopefully you didn't damage your pixels. I've had some that were damaged from miswiring.

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The green light on the PixCon16 board has been blinking the entire time.  In the instructions, there isn't a scenario for that, so I assumed an error.  I hadn't noticed that i wired up the leds backwards which was not allowing a signal to go through. 

To anyone who reads this:

1. The green light on the PixCon16 board will blink and the red light will be steady when functioning properly.

2. Make sure to hook your led lights in the right way or you will spend days debugging a system that works correctly.

:D   You guys are the best.  Thank you!

This is going to change with the next release.  We updated the firmware page as well as the documentation, but we are still waiting on a new release of S4 to support the new 1.4.8 firmware.  In 1.4.8 the lights work the way they are described in the documentation.

Please don't update to 1.4.8 yet as you won't be able to configure the board in the software if you do.

• The topic was locked