Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor Crashing! Please help

Phippers

Every time I open a sequence in the PE, my CPU runs up to 90%, and then the PE Freezes, and Crashes. Any idea? I have tried on multiple computers with same file, and they all do the same thing when I have 10,000+ pixels

So I played around with it, and it runs ok until I add prop groups.. why is this? I have 12GB of Ram, I don't think that's too little

Pixel Editor is a 32-bit program and will use 2GB of RAM at most for its data storage. Using 90% of CPU after opening a sequence is normal as it is recalculating all of the intensity data in the background. Your prop groups are causing you to run out of memory.

What is the "arrangement" setting for the prop groups? For any that have the "Use Preview" arrangement, move the slider towards the bottom - to "Low Res". This will use less memory.

Matt

• 1 year later...
On 9/1/2015 at 3:31 PM, MattBrown said:

Pixel Editor is a 32-bit program and will use 2GB of RAM at most for its data storage. Using 90% of CPU after opening a sequence is normal as it is recalculating all of the intensity data in the background. Your prop groups are causing you to run out of memory.

What is the "arrangement" setting for the prop groups? For any that have the "Use Preview" arrangement, move the slider towards the bottom - to "Low Res". This will use less memory.

Matt

Would it be logical to place the slider on "Low Res" for programming, and then bump it back up when I'm ready to export things for the actual show, or would the intensity data automatically export at a "higher resolution"?