Light-O-Rama Forums

All of a Sudden My Show has stopped...DMX Listening Error

jimswinder

guys remind me again, one handed typing is a pita. the 4gb patch is applied to just the lor.exe in which directory. thanks. it is only that one exe, correct?

It should be applied to two different files, LORSequenceEditor.exe and LORMonitor.exe.  They can be found in the Light-O-Rama programs directory.  Where this directory is depends upon your computer, but it's often either:

C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama

It may instead be on some other drive; for example maybe it's:

D:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama

guys remind me again, one handed typing is a pita.

just reminding you....typing one handed is a pita!!! Lol

thanks! I believe I only applied it to SE on my build computer and had to repair my show computer install, so it is done on that now.

Going to try compressed sequences. If I remember correctly in the past some of my sequences will cut the first second or two of the sequence when using the compressed version.

Tonight, in the middle of my show, all of a sudden, it went completey dark!!! I came in and saw a Winsock error...loss of communication, that fixed itself after about 30 seconds of nothing with people outside watching the show. Nothing changed in the hardware, no power glitches...nothing...it just suddenly had an issue. I tend to suspect this is something wrong with the code in the monitor program or other sub-routine.

• 2 weeks later...

My first night out of town and the show had the dmx listener crash during every song startup, all night! I tried everything I knew through remote desktop. Turns out that when I was enabling schedule (with my phone) I must have 'unchecked' use compressed sequences. The big files were causing it. 

My fat fingers again!

FYI- A plumber once gave me the best advice I've ever had.... "The more complicated you make the plumbing, the easier it will stop up."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got that error when I unplugged the USB and then plugged it back in. It eventually recovers, but I find it faster to just reboot the computer and start the show again.

• 3 weeks later...

I get this from time to time while sequencing. What I found most often causes it is turning off, or on, the FM transmitter. Why that would have an impact, I have no idea. The fix that ken27 suggests works for me, unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in.