Light-O-Rama Forums

If someone could please help me asap i need something answered

christmasfrenzy

I want to designate channel 16 for all my regular lights that dont go with music and hte blowups, but i need to make them stay on all the time while the controller is on, i cant have them go off into between songs, does anyone know how to do this.

I would make a short animation sequence (say, a second long) with that one channel in it, and no other channels.  Turn that channel on for the entire length of the sequence.  Make sure that none of your other sequences have that channel in it.  Put the sequence in the Background section of your show. 

You could also assign them to an animation sequence which runs as a "Background" show to the main show. Turn off the option that turns off all lights between songs.

lol, Bob beat me to that a moment before

Edited by dgrant

Keep channel 16 on for the entire length of ALL songs.  That is what I do for my "Tune To" sign which stays on while the shows are running.  

Edited by wbaker4

Keep channel 16 on for the entire length of ALL songs.  That is what I do for my "Tune To" sign which stays on while the shows are running.  

I agree with this. I have one channel that is assigned to my "Tune To" sign in every sequence in my show plus all of my voice over's. The sign stays on 99% of the time for the entire show.

I run the "Tune To" sign up to %100 between songs, then ramp it down to %30 during the songs so that it doesn't wash out the lights in the sequences. 

I have three channels for this.  A tune to sign, web address sign and a QRcode sign.  They are on a broken controller which is stuck with all channels on all time. I dont have to run Cat5 to it.

• Like 1

My only comment about Bob's suggestion is to make that background sequence longer than 1 second.  It will work fine at one second, but it fills the event long on the status panel.  Really annoying if you are trying to troubleshoot something.  I do a similar thing with one channel that is used to turn on the audio amplifiers that feed audio to the speakers in the yard.  It's a 10 minute animation sequence.

My only comment about Bob's suggestion is to make that background sequence longer than 1 second.  It will work fine at one second, but it fills the event long on the status panel.  Really annoying if you are trying to troubleshoot something.

Are you sure about this? I don't think it works that way.

Perhaps you have the sequence in your Animation section, with no other sequences, and have set your Animation section up to "Run Sequentially".  In that case, the sequence will start, log the start message, reach its end, stop, and log the stop message, and then the next sequence in the Animation section will start, which happens to be the same sequence.  So start/log message/stop/log message will repeat for that one sequence over and over.

But if you have the sequence in your Background section, or in your Animation section set to "Run Concurrently", it behaves differently: The sequence will start, log the start message, reach its end, and instead of stopping, it will then just loop back to its beginning.  It doesn't really ever stop, and it only really starts one single time, and so it will only log its start message once, and never log its end message at all (until the end of the show).

I use a background sequence that is only a few seconds long.  As Bob mentioned, it does not fill the log with entries.  It only starts and ends once (at the beginning and end of the scheduled show time).

I'm with Mega on this one.  I'm also from the K.I.S.S. school.  Put them on a timer and be done with it.  Save that channel for something important.

You may well be right Bob.  Most of my experience is with animation sequences in the Animation tab.  A 1 second animation would be very annoying running over and over.  This is the first time I have run anything in the background tab.  I created an animation sequence that has one channel only that controls power to the audio amps for the front yard speakers.

I'm with Mega on this one.  I'm also from the K.I.S.S. school.  Put them on a timer and be done with it.  Save that channel for something important.

Here is why I am using an "always on" channel.  as mentioned in my previous post, the channel is used to control the power amps for the front yard speakers..  I have my Christmas show in two versions.  The evening show has the yard speakers on, and has a short shutdown sequence that announces that the speakers are being shut off and to tune to 101.5 to continue listening to the show.  Then the night show startsup and does not ahve the yard speakers on.  When it ends a couple hours later it's shutdown sequences announces that the show is concluding for the night and will resume at 5:00 PM tomorrow.

Funny story about that.  Part of what determined my speakers off time is that the audio power amps are in the master bedroom closet.  They have some very bright blue LEDs for a power out bar graph.  Lights up the closet really well.  I chose a power off time at about the time my wife goes to bed.  Last night I was really tired and crashed almost an hour before the amps are turned off.  Those LEDs are BRIGHT!