Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR issue

Tigerdmd

I have everything up and running. For some reason my new ribbons have a couple issues. 1/2 of one stays on all the time white and about 1/3 of another stays on random colors - they never go off . I have a picture, but not sure how to link. Is this fixable or do they need to be replaced?

Try and reset the CCR controller(s) first.

Press and hold the reset button when powering up the controller to totally reset the electronics. After resetting, the controller will run a simple pattern on the ribbon. You can watch the pattern as long you want to make sure all looks as expected. Let go of the button and run your normal tests again. 

If the ribbon is still acting odd, around the troublesome pixels, bend or flex the ribbon to see if there's an intermittent connection. 

If that doesn't work, then the ribbons may be bad. I would put in a ticket at the helpdesk. If you do put in a ticket, be sure to link to this thread in the forum, so they know what you've already tried.

The 1st thing I did was set the unit IDs, then I updated the firmware on the ccrs, then I configure them, & I have them running at 500 k speed.

Previous tests of my CCRs went well. Today I tested with everything and one CCR has about one third lit all the time unplugging cat5 makes no difference unplugging power it (CCR) goes out but goes back on when plugged back in. Will try reset button with power on tomorrow.

Sounds like my same scenario - tested everything and it worked fine and then when I powered on last night - top 1/3 of one ribbon stayed whitish blue and never goes off. Reset or bending the strip didn't help. Have to send it in for repair. luckily I had a spare ribbon.

Edited by Tigerdmd

Don,

Thanks for the input had to reset it three (3) times to get it to take(maybe the first 2 weren't long enough?) but lat time I looked it was working fine.

Mike

I have the same issue going on, I can tap it in sections & it will go off temp, will go out & repower it a couple times to see if it helps.  It had been running fine, this is a new development.  Running 12 ribbons, 6 are new this year, with 6 old from last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a ticket filed with LOR and they said to basically try to flex the ribbon at the problem joint till it works and secure it there to get through the season as is probably a weak solder joint. Will send for repair at the end of the season.

• The topic was locked