Light-O-Rama Forums

Shift sequence over?

Al Saunders

Hi Everyone,

I just ran a test of my 16 string DMX matrix. I had sequenced everything in Superstar and exported to SE just fine. When I run the sequence the 4-1 to 4-4 strings are not active at all and the whole thing looks like it is shifted to the left. Imagine the matrix being a screen and the "image" is off the screen to the left thereby not using the far right (4-1 to 4-4) strings. I am using the square 2811 pixels and an e682 controller in unicast. The start addresses are Universe 1 - channel 1, Universe 2 - channel 91, Universe 3 - channel 181 and Universe 4 - channel 271.

In SE I added 5 DMX universes all with 510 channels and converted them to RGB channels and copied the CCR effects from SS. It has to be somewhere in the settings but I don't know where to look. Please help as I need this working properly for this Saturday.

I appreciate any help. 

Thanks,

Al 

Hey Ron,

No I deleted the macros after exporting to SE. How do you get rid of them in SS? Actually I exported the SS sequence to SE, deleted macros and added DMX universes and deleted channels 511 and 512 as you instructed to do in a PM you sent to me a few months ago. Then copied the whole CCR sequence and pasted to DMX and just clicked on the top left of first DMX channel square. I can't seem to attach an image but I'll email it to you so you can see the first 4 green effects didn't copy from CCR to DMX and this continues throughout the sequence. Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks,

Al

I GOT IT...sort of. Duh, I copied while the sequence was compressed. I expanded and copied and pasted and pretty much everything looks right. Strange thing is there are some "scenes" from SS that didn't copy. I had a chase from left to right and back and it skipped the second and third effects. So the first and fourth effects copied correctly. I'm going in and manually copying them and will compare the morphs and smooth effects but they seem correct. And later in the sequence the other scenes look ok too. Strange.

Al

*Update, after expanding the DMX channels I see they copied just didn't see them. So everything is good. Thanks Ron for all your help!

Edited by Al Saunders

Glad you got it working. I replied to the emails. It's not necessary to send the files now that you got it working. Somebody's getting a surprise this weekend aren't they. Let me know how it goes.