Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Controller Cat5 Connector

Marty Belisle

I'm considering adding a couple of short Cat5 cables with connectors to my CCB controllers to avoid the need to remove the cover when daisy chaining multiple controllers in my network.  Obviously I will need to weatherproof the connector to avoid moisture migration.  I'm thinking it would be much simpler to disconnect the CCB controller without fumbling with small screws up on the roof top or wherever.  Any suggestions? 

I have two outdoor boxes each with 6 CCR controllers. I usedCat5 patch cables to daisy chain them. Worked flawlessly .

Edited by htebault

I use these too and I have 4 sets of CCPs. I have not tried it with these boxes. I'll have to pull one of my CCP controllers out and see if there's enough room. I'm thinking not, but I have not tried it yet so I don't know for sure.

bisquit476, have you used them on these controller boxes?

They work flawlessly on bigger boxes, but the CCP/B boxes are much smaller and not as much room inside.

Awesome product, definitely the answer for my 16 channel controllers.  May be a little large for my CCB controllers however concept is spot on to what I'm thinking to do.  Thanks a bunch.

Hmmm, here's one problem. The CCP / CCB case only has one cable hole. Not an issue for the end of the line, but a bit of an issue for mid-circuit.

Now for the FAR bigger problems. I will preface that I tried this experiment with the similar product that LOR sells, and one of my CCP control boxes. It won't work. The adapter thingie is designed to be used on a single wall box. The box for the CCP is a double wall box with about a 1/4 inch gap between them. This causes two problems. First is that mounting threads are not long enough, and second is that the waterproof gasket would seal the outer layer of the double box which would accomplish absolutely nothing. Even if you were to mill out the outer wall of the box so the adapter were to only mount into the inner wall of the box, the third problem is that cable clamp for the AC power cord would prevent being able to mount the lock nut.

Short answer is that it will not work.

Any chance you could post a pic of the finished product?

Thanks in advance.

As soon as I can get a picture George. I'll see if I have one in my picture files, if not I'll need to go to storage to snap one.

I use these too and I have 4 sets of CCPs. I have not tried it with these boxes. I'll have to pull one of my CCP controllers out and see if there's enough room. I'm thinking not, but I have not tried it yet so I don't know for sure.

bisquit476, have you used them on these controller boxes?

They work flawlessly on bigger boxes, but the CCP/B boxes are much smaller and not as much room inside.

No Ron, I've only used them on the old lawn timer, and the CG1500 boxes

It can be done.  The rubber plug has 2 holes and there is enough room for the cables inside the box.

ccp_pic_zps672c9a81.jpg

• Like 1

It can be done.  The rubber plug has 2 holes and there is enough room for the cables inside the box.

ccp_pic_zps672c9a81.jpg

Ah (as the light bulb goes on).  Very clever way to think outside the box! I was so focused on using the adapter as intended mounted to the box that I never thought of doing it that way.

Thanks

Ah (as the light bulb goes on).  Very clever way to think outside the box! I was so focused on using the adapter as intended mounted to the box that I never thought of doing it that way.

Thanks

+1 What he said!

• The topic was locked