Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB controller problems?

crazyboy01

I have noticed that one of my CCB controllers are not working correctly. Sometimes it works just fine and then other times I get random sections of lights turning on. I shot some video to show what's happening. I have noticed that this controller disappears from time to time in the hardware console. Could it be that the controller is bad?

Now that I've taken down my show, I thought I would see if I could figure out why my CCP's acted funny during the show. Different pixels stayed on until another morph used those pixels, then they would go off. This happened all over my pixels tree.  After reading this forum, I bought a VDV meter and tested my cat5 cables. Some of the cables I used were split. I have changed them out with cables that the meter said pass. I don't remember where in the world I got these cat5 cables, but they are in the trash now.

I had similar problems this year and one of my CAT5e connectors had gotten wet. My CCB's were beyond flakey when this happened. Some failed to come on, others would not shut off, etc. Dried out the connector and problems went away for the rest of the season.

• The topic was locked