Light-O-Rama Forums

NO POWER TO NEW CONTROLLER!

joe denny

:D I HAVE THE 16CHANNEL 2 SIDED CONTROLLER. I DONT LIKE THIS NEW VERSION OF CONTROLLER. I SWITCHED MY FUSES TO 20A AND I DONT HAVE POWER! MY CORDS ARE HOT FROM THE OUTLET AND I PRESSED THE ON BUTTON. NOTHING. I LIKE THE OTHER WAY BETTER. I NOTICED THERE ARE FUSE HOLDERS BEHIND THE PANEL. CAN I PUT MY FUSES IN THERE AND TRY IT? OR WILL THAT MESS UP THE ON/OFF PANEL.?

THANKS

JOE DENNY

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT. THE NEW TYPE OF FUSE HOLDER IS VERY TEMPERAMENTAL! I HAD TO PLAY AROUND WITH IT TO GET IT TO GO. PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS , LESS METAL AND THINGS TO GO WRONG!

joe denny wrote:

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT. THE NEW TYPE OF FUSE HOLDER IS VERY TEMPERAMENTAL! I HAD TO PLAY AROUND WITH IT TO GET IT TO GO. PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS , LESS METAL AND THINGS TO GO WRONG!

Joe,

You can always remove the inner cover plate and put the power directly into the Hot Inputs. The fuse holders on the card can then be used. If you read the user's manual for the CTB16D or look at an earlier version of the LOR1602W then you can see how it goes.

Dan

i looked at that but wasnt sure wich ones were the hot ones(cost to much for me to guess) so what your saying i take the hot power wire out of that fuse holder thing and attach it on the board. right?

Joe, you should look at the pictures in the CTB16D user's manual that have to do with connecting the Power Input lines. They will make it clear how things are to be set up. You would unplug the incomming black wires from the cover plate, unscrew and remove the two black wires that go from the cover plate to the "Hot Jumper inputs" on the terminal block. Then cut off the quick connect terminals on the end of the incomming blacks and then strip them and connect them to the Hot Inputs on the Terminal Block ( as per the instructions in the CTB16D user's guide )... Please note that the wires coming from the cover plate to the board bypass the fuse holders on the board so you will not use those inputs to connect the power.

Of course if it was me (and is is not!) then I would just leave it alone:)

Best regards,
Dan

:D for this year i will leave it alone. i agree with you! i looked at the owners manual at the time of this crises and i don't recall it being that detailed but who knows i was irrational then!;) i upgraded the fuses cause I'm trying to maximize the channels. i sometimes wonder how these folks go onto planet Christmas and say LOR USER 80 CHANNELS AND I'M A NEWBIE! thats a major under taking to set up 80chls and never done it before! thanks for your time!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

AggieBear wrote:

What do you mean "I had to play with it"?

I am having the same problem but haven't been able to get the power light to come on yet.

What type of controller do you have?