Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Configuration Woes

stachows

Please help, I am spacing out here....

I have all my channel config from the last year which is 300+ channels and most of my elements are staying the same.

I have added some new elements, (About 1500 Channels of RGB pixels and CCP's, CCBs, etc.)  For testing I created a channel config with JUST one of each element to make sure it works.  

Now, I want to merge the two channel configs into one.  They are all different Unit id's, etc. but then I try to import my new config overwrites the old config in the sequence. It was LONG and PAINSTAKING adding/creating everysingle channel (even with the wizards).

Is there any way to combine the two?

I though there was, but I cannot figure it out:  PLEASE save me from DAYS of work putting all the channel configs into one config file manually.  There HAS to be a better way... heck even the Visualizer lets you import just fixtures and props.

Thanks in advance...

Scott

As Doug mentioned, there isn't a way to combine the two.

However, could you send me the two LCC files? I want to try something. PM for email if you don't know it.

Vegomatic does allow you to add a  RGB prop to an existing config.   If you have 4 new props then you do 4 combines until you have all new elements in your config.

A 'prop' is your own defined logical grouping using DMX or LOR controllers.     

What you do is define all your networks, universes,controllers, string length and orientations.   First export a new config to be sure its exactly what you want with all circuits assigned correctly.   There an old animation created with it which allows you to test and visually see its right.   If that is all good then you can combine.    Here you select a starting point config which MUST have a master track 1.   Then export a combined config.   The new channels are added to the end of track one and also a new track is created for them.      Create a new sequence again to verify the circuits are good.    Now use that exported config as input for the next prop to be added.

ItsMeBobO - Importomation is exactly the app I need.  I tried running it on my Windows 7 machine and it doesn't do too well.  First, it doesn't seem to work well with libraries.  Second,  after getting the config info set and clicking the Start button, it would run through about 6 of the files and then crash with a "process XX60 not found" error.  I tried to click Continue, but it just sat there and wouldn't go further.  Mikey

Process not found error indicates you may have closed the command window.    The instance of SE is running in that window so it can not be closed.    Since this program relies on sending keyboard commands to the program with focus, you cant click anything.   I have tested the libraries and found no functional difference.    Lets take this discussion to a PM.   

• 4 years later...

Has there been any updates to this problem over the last 3 years? I created a "Stand Alone" sequence using 12-16 channel controllers for a new display. I would like to merge this configuration to the end of the master configuration which is HUGE containing 32-16 Channel Controllers, 48-CCR's and about 80 RGB Floods. 

The only way I know if involves manually editing the xml files.  Not for the weak of heart, but possible.

Not a LOR approved method either.