Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot get LOR and E682 to work together

deej012160

Ugh!  I can't believe I forgot to turn the control panel on.  Tried several times before I finally realized what I was doing wrong.  I just had the Sequence Editor open by itself without the control panel.  Kept getting my LOR lights only and not the E682 lights.  Tried multicast as well as unicast before it was all over.  At least I know how to use both of those now.  Just so glad everything is working together nicely.  Thanks for all of the helpful tips.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya I missed your earlier post Plasma. I really hate the idea of telling people to turn off their USB adapter in the network pref screen. Cause later they will forget that they did this and then wont be able to get the USB adapter to work and then here we are running around in circles telling them to turn it back on. Much easier to just remember to plug the damn thing in when ever working with LOR. Nothing more to remember, ever...

I would agree with you 100%, but I'll only give you 80% this time because strange people like myself don't have any LOR hardware and don't own a USB485 adapter.  Hence the reason I had to find a workaround at the last minute last year, and the sticky at the top of the E1.31 board........

n_gifford,

Your just the queer bird with no LOR controllers. :P  But in your case I have to make a exemption and say to turn off that network. I imagine that this might happen more and more. For me, I will always have to have strings of LEDs and a few blow molds that have been converted to a LED C9 to light them up. Thinking of getting some of those LED bulbs that one would use in a standard lamp in the house and give that a try in a blow mold.

• 1 month later...

Hello:

I hope someone can shed some light on my issue, I've been use LOR for years now. & am just getting into the DMX world, I bought a starter kit from seasonal entertainment I have it all hoked up using a usb485 adapter from LOR, All my settings seem to be correct but when I try to test the lights they don't work, all the power lights are on & the comm listener is saying connection accepted but still lights don't work.  Yes I do have the control lights turned on in the sequence editor I think I'm just missing a simple setting but cannot find it.

Thanks

Todd

Furgfam,

First and formost. This thread deals with the E682 board, not the what ever board from seasonal entertainment. Unless this vendor is selling the E682 board, then disregard my comments. If this is in fact a totally different board. Ought you not start your own thread. So we can cover it separately and not confuse commands and settings that are different? Kind of rude to change things up in someone else's thread.

Todd:

First, you should make sure you can communicate with the E682 board and that you can pull up its web page configuration. (This verifies that your computer and the 682 can talk).

Second, configure the 682 for your pixels and run the various test patterns (this verifies the 682 is setup for your pixels and that data can get to them).

Then, and only then, try to add in LOR S3 to communicate with the 682.

Hello:

I hope someone can shed some light on my issue, I've been use LOR for years now. & am just getting into the DMX world, I bought a starter kit from seasonal entertainment I have it all hoked up using a usb485 adapter from LOR, All my settings seem to be correct but when I try to test the lights they don't work, all the power lights are on & the comm listener is saying connection accepted but still lights don't work.  Yes I do have the control lights turned on in the sequence editor I think I'm just missing a simple setting but cannot find it.

Thanks

Todd

What kind of controller do you have?

ARGH! This thread is driving me nuts!!!! I'm so jealous and wish it were me posting my problems with the E682. I ordered my E682 weeks ago and have been on pins and needles waiting for it to come. My pixels won't be here for another month, but I have some flexstrips and GE bulbs I want to experiment with. Then try my hand at doing a DMX bridge, etc. etc. Then when the pixels get here I want to try nutcracker/xlights, a matrix, a pixel tree, and on and on and on....

ARGH! This thread is driving me nuts!!!! I'm so jealous and wish it were me posting my problems with the E682. I ordered my E682 weeks ago and have been on pins and needles waiting for it to come. My pixels won't be here for another month, but I have some flexstrips and GE bulbs I want to experiment with. Then try my hand at doing a DMX bridge, etc. etc. Then when the pixels get here I want to try nutcracker/xlights, a matrix, a pixel tree, and on and on and on....

that makes two of us only differance is i havn't been able to order anything yet. just keep researching it with out ony practice.

I ordered my E682 weeks ago and have been on pins and needles waiting for it to come.

I ordered a E682 assembled Thursday and it showed up today....2 days. I would email them if it's been weeks.

I haven't looked at anything on how this works. Lots of reading for me. I feel like a newbie :-)

Seasonal's starter kit does not contain an E682 controller, so whatever controller Furgfarm is isn't a 682.  so it would be best if you started your own thread.  It's probably even better to get support for that kit on Seasonal's website rather than LOR's... 

Seasonal's starter kit does not contain an E682 controller, so whatever controller Furgfarm is isn't a 682.  so it would be best if you started your own thread.  It's probably even better to get support for that kit on Seasonal's website rather than LOR's... 

Thanks Tim, it appears that Dennis is full of icans.