Light-O-Rama Forums

Error message when installing drivers for USB to serial adapter.

Andy Anderson

Received my new USB to Serial adapter from LOR. I already had the SC485 to RJ45 adapter. Connected it to the USB port and then to the serial cable and then to my LOR box and turned it on. I got the new hardware wizard screen. I inserted the CD that came with the adapter. It starts the process and then I get a message

The software you are installing for this hardware

USB Compound device

Has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing.

I stopped the installation. Then got a message that The third party INF does not contain digital signature information

This USB adapter came from LOR. What am I doing wrong? I did a search of the forum and did not come up with anything.

Andy Anderson

You didn't do anything wrong, except for stopping the install. The message is just telling you that the driver was not certified by Microsoft. I've got other drivers not certified my Microsoft that will give the same warnings. Just redo the install and let it continue this time.

Will do. Thank you for the quick reply. Not being very experienced on these things and having messed things up before I figured I had better ask before continuing.

Andy Anderson