Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to get both 2 controllers working on 500 K setting

callycoon

Anybody have a solution for this problem. I have two CCP controllers (both with two strands of lights) daisy chained together and running through a USB485HS adapter. I can not get the second controller to work when running the SE and was wondering what the fix is for this problem. Unit ID 3 works fine and both strands are functioning as they should, however Unit ID 4 I am unable to get the light strands to work. I am running LOR 3.10.6 and again, I am daisy chaining two CCP controllers with standard Cat5 cable which I have plugged in a USB485HS adapter. Any help will be as always appreciated.

Chris

The controllers for CCBs and CCPs need 2 unit ID numbers each, in succession.  That means your unit 3 is actually 3&4.  Try assigning a unit ID of 5 to the second controller.

Do you have them flashed with the most current firmware ?

Do you have them programmed as 4 different controllers? - should have 4 different Unit ID's

Do you have any other networks in the sequence?

I have them as unit id 3 and unit id 4. I will switch the ID of the second controller to 5 and 6 and that will probably fix the issue. Thanks for the quick reponse guys. Steve in answer to your questions. Yes I have the updated firmware and there is only one network.

Chris

Edited by callycoon

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish the LOR Quick Start Guide that comes with these units highlighted the fact that you need a unit ID for each string, and that you should set Unit ID mode in the Hardware Utility to: Double Normal. This would really help the newbies and non techies like me.

Ron.

What I would like to know is this: The LOR manual that come with the CCBs indicates that Unit ID Mode (Normal) means one unit ID for all 320 channels. (page 11) "Can someone explain what this means"

Thanks

Ron

Unit ID mode (normal) is the way I have my CCB's configured. I have two 50 bulb strings hooked to each controller and only use one unit ID per controller. The set up has been working flawlessly. My overall setup is as follows. 12 total CCB controllers connect to 24 strings (50 bulbs per string) and two strings per controller. I use 12 total unit IDs and have then installed on two separate networks (6 controllers on each). All controllers are running at the 500k speed. In the hardware configure tool I am using the Normal (single ID) setting. When I originally started up my system for the first time I did have the same problem with 4 of the strings not responding (no lights would light). The firmware in the controller said it was the latest version, but LOR advised that I should reload it. I did with the latest version off the website and everything started working immediately after the load and reboot. Hope this helps.

• The topic was locked