Light-O-Rama Forums

Extending wires between cosmic color bulbs

eschlomach

I was wondering if it was possible to extend the wires between the cosmic color bulbs. In some places i would need to extend the 6 inch spacing to about 12 inch spacing. Thanks for the input.

Im unsure of the pixel type in the CCB's but yes you can extend the wiring. This will likely void your warranty on the string but as long as your cuts and solders are good, and plenty of weather proofing this should be an easy task. Without knowing the pixel type I would stay under 36 inches for your longest pixel to pixel run. Some protocols can carry the signals 50 feet and some can only go 3 or 4.

• 2 months later...

I asked the LOR Help Desk in October if there were any extension chords available for CCRs and received the below response:

A Light-O-Rama help desk staff member has replied to your request, #697035 with the following response:

Thee are no extensions at this time but you can cut and lengthen the wires on your own... make sure you don't cross any leads and use larger wire if you are greatly increasing the length.

Any wire will do... and it's always safer to use a larger gauge.  Since this is low voltage and you are extending it, I'd suggest 18 gauge.

Any wire will do the trick... especially if you can keep it out of the elements and direct sunlight. 

We hope this has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please login to your account at the address below for a complete archive of all your help desk requests and responses.

• The topic was locked