Light-O-Rama Forums

Stuck channels, all stuck on dim

mlindell110

tried unplugging and replug but no help Once the sequence starts all 16 channels are stuck on dim. Once in a one or two will freak and go off and but to dimm. Had the same set p for a few years and never had this problem. ANY IDEAS.

Try resetting the controller. Look at your manual as depending on the board type is where you will find the jumpers you need to remove, repower, turn power off, replace jumpers, repower and then reset unit I'd.

well tried you idea and still nothing. It 's like as soon as it recieved a signal to light on it stays on till end of song. Then will power off as it should at end. Once in a while it will turn off a few channels but again aas soon as it recieve an on command it stuck for a while. Driving me crazy.

Just a few thoughts: 1) have you run the verifier just to make sure you have no channel conflicts? 2) create a new sequence with "all on" as the only command for all of your channels? If #2 still leads to dim lights, assuming you have no conflicts (#1), I would start looking at your cables. One small break in a cat5 cable can disrupt an entire display it seems. Do they work with the hardware utility? If yes, then it is almost certainly a sequence issue, and if no, then it is a controller/cord issue (at least that's how I would interpret it). Good luck!

Are you running LED strings? If so, you may need a snubber. You can test it by plugging an air freshener, or an incandescent light string into the circuit which is malfunctioning along with the LED string. If the problem goes away, then you need snubbers.

Check I'm the hardware utility. You can configure a minimum intensity. This can be used on incandescent lights to preheat the filament, but may easily be enough to be visible on LED.