Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB setup issues

pouterson

Ok, being new to setting up the CCBs, I can't get them to be controlled by the Hardware Utility. I have one set of bulbs connected via ethernet to a 1602W controller. The unit ID has been reset to #4. The 1602W communicates wirelessly to my PC. I have also tried a direct connection as well.

I can get the Hardware Utility to see the CCB string. It reports 3 units, however. It seems to be holding an old unit ID I originally installed (#5). I have configured the string with the following settings:

Unit ID Mode - Normal

Channel Mode - Triple

Standalone Speed - 8

Ribbon Parameters - 50 pixels

Number of End to end strings - 1

First pixel is status indicator - checked

DMX Mode - Macro and RGB

When I fire up the console to run the test, I have it setup with the following:

Standard Controller

Extended Circuits checked off

I bring channel 151 up to 1. I go back to channel 1 and bring that up but the string doesn't light up. I know the string is good because the 1st light will blink green when I first plug it in. I noticed that channel 7 gets set to 1 after I set channel 151 to 1. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

Paul

Exactly the same issue here that you are experiencing. One of the two strings functions great, but I am unable to get the second string to work at all no matter what settings are changed. Updated from 3.7.0 to 3.8.0 (running on laptop with Windows 8) and that has made no difference to the problem. Hoping someone can chime in and have an easy solution of something that we may have overlooked. I even pulled a second controller out of the new box and it behaves the same as the first.

If you're using 100 bulbs, each CCB controller need to be assigned two consecutive unit ID numbers. If you only assign one, only the first 50 bulbs will light.

When you first plug them in, the flashing light means, just like any other type of LOR controller, that no link is active with a LOR program.

George, the sets I am trying to use are the 100 bulb versions. I do not see any place in the Hardware program that allows me to set two consecutive addresses. When I refresh the network (with only one controller connected and the max Unit ID set to F0 ) it only returns the one controller - not two. I have tried to change the Unit ID mode to both Legacy and Dual Normal and then refresh again, but only one controller appears again. Thanks, Greg

If you're using 100 bulbs, each CCB controller need to be assigned two consecutive unit ID numbers. If you only assign one, only the first 50 bulbs will light.

When you first plug them in, the flashing light means, just like any other type of LOR controller, that no link is active with a LOR program.

I'm using only 50 bulbs on one controller. Should I have both strings attached to the controller?

In the Hardware Utility, under CCR/CCB configuration, Unit ID Mode (top left) you have 3 choices; Normal (single ID), Legacy (multiples IDs) and Dual Normal (CCB two Unit IDs). Choose Dual Normal. That will give you 2 consecutive IDs and will allow both strings to work.

Are you sure you have the string plugged into the correct outlet off the controller? The light blinks on the #1 bulb on each string after initial fire up, so you could be controlling the wrong string. Also, does the CCB controller and string work when connected directly to your PC instead of through your network? I would troubleshoot initially while connected directly, then rule out different areas.

You might also try checking extended circuits to "on" per the quick start guide. Not sure why your unit ID is reverting back, but by connecting directly and checking it may rule out some things.

In the Hardware Utility, under CCR/CCB configuration, Unit ID Mode (top left) you have 3 choices; Normal (single ID), Legacy (multiples IDs) and Dual Normal (CCB two Unit IDs). Choose Dual Normal. That will give you 2 consecutive IDs and will allow both strings to work.

Already have tried that step multiple times without success.

Are you sure you have the string plugged into the correct outlet off the controller? The light blinks on the #1 bulb on each string after initial fire up, so you could be controlling the wrong string. Also, does the CCB controller and string work when connected directly to your PC instead of through your network? I would troubleshoot initially while connected directly, then rule out different areas.

You might also try checking extended circuits to "on" per the quick start guide. Not sure why your unit ID is reverting back, but by connecting directly and checking it may rule out some things.

Looks like you are on to something. I connected the CCB controller directly to my PC, switched the single string to the other connector, and everything lit up. Now I just have to wait for the other controller I ordered to show up to test on that. That's great info. Thanks.

Paul

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Was there an answer to this problem somewhere else. This question was asked in 2012 but I see no clear answer. I bought a 100 string CCB and have the same problem. I followed LOR Quick Start Guide and was able to test string #1 but nowhere does it speaks to testing string #2.

Ron.

I bought 2 of these beauties and they are working great.....followed the setup instructions that came with them......set each controller for dual and when using hardware utility I choose extended circuits and then I have to select controller 2 set levels....switch to controller 3 set levels.....switch to controller 4 se levels.....switch to controller 5 set levels.....all lights light up and do exactly as I ask....love these lights.....can't wait for Halloween show and even more anticipating Christmas!

Ok....spoke too soon....when I try to use the Macro functions of the lights in my sequence I get nothing....they work fine in Hardware Utility....but I get no response in the sequence when I try to use the DMX function of the sequence software. Help please!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Could someone please explain this on page 11 in the CCB manual:

" Unit ID Mode (Default is Normal) Normal means one ID for all 320 channels"

Thanks

Ron

• The topic was locked