Light-O-Rama Forums

Wacky pixels

xrays911

I have as 12 CCR Tree that we set up this year. We have run a few test sequences through to see how everything looks before we start the big show. We have the first 6 ribbons on network A along with 6 regular contoller boxes and the second six ribbons are on Network B. Often times within a sequence we will see pixels in random areas that get "stuck" on for a few seconds. I know this is not within the programming because the next time through those pixels are not lit up. It is not isolated to any one ribbon or one of the two networks as I see this all over the tree randomly now and again. Any ideas?

Did you check the CCR controller in the HWU to see if the unit was changed from Legacy to Normal? Also try resetting the controller by having the ribbon connected and power unplugged. While pushing in the reset button, plug in the power. Keep holding the reset button and the ribbon will run through the 3 basic colors. Release and controller reset.

Kevin

• Like 1

Did you check the CCR controller in the HWU to see if the unit was changed from Legacy to Normal? Also try resetting the controller by having the ribbon connected and power unplugged. While pushing in the reset button, plug in the power. Keep holding the reset button and the ribbon will run through the 3 basic colors. Release and controller reset.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I have checked the Hardware utility and all units are set as follows:

· Unit ID Mode – Normal (single ID)

· Channel Mode – Triples (RGB, RGB …)

· Standalone Speed – 8

· Ribbon/String parameters– 50 Pixels

· Number of end-to-end CCRs– 1

· DMX Mode – Both Macro and RGB Channels

The only thing I changed today was the standalone speed as some were set to 8 and some to 9 so I changed them all to 8. I will try to do a reset to see what happens.

Jill

• The topic was locked