Light-O-Rama Forums

channels being rearranged

Philip

I just upgraded to the new 3.8 and when I open a sequence, all of the channels are being rearranged in the main track into a manner that really makes no sense. Has anyone else experienced this? is there a fix for it?

They aren't in order by controller, channels, or anything else

The odd thing is that the second "working" track with groups created has NOT been affected by this

Edited by Philip

Sounds like something with the group linking from one track to another. There was an issue requiring you to degroup and regroup in a secondary track, or else there is a link back to the first track. If you don't break the link by degrouping and regrouping, the original track is being moved by work in the secondary track. By work in the secondary track, I mean moving Chanel's in the secondary track , moves the same channels in track one...............does that make any sense??? At least that was happening last year in the earlier version of S3.

Or, I have no clue :rolleyes: !!!

Steve

I understand what you are saying and I've seen that happen. If you have a group of channels in track 1 and you copy that group to a second track, you have to degroup the channels beofre rearranging them

what has happened here is that I have track 1 with no groups, then I created a duplicate track for the working track as track 2. Track 2 has channels groups.

All was going well while I was using LOR 3.4.x. I finished a sequence, upgraded to LOR 3.8.0 and went to create a new sequence and when I imported the LCC file, it rearranged all of the channels in track one into what looks like a half-hearted attempt to put them in order by controller. In this new sequence though, track 2 has been unaffected.

If I reopen the completed sequence with the updated LOR 3.8.0 the channels in THAT sequence also get moved all around as well.

well... I feel really stupid. I was comparing the original setup track to the working track and didn't even notice. There was never any problem to begin with.

apparently brain fade is already setting in