Light-O-Rama Forums

connection accessories question

Guest guest

Philip wrote:

sorry, for the post, got it all figured out now:D

Of course, if someone else ever has the same problem ... they won't be able to find an answer. My magic crystal ball says you wrote ....

Ok, Iplacing my order for my controller and not sure which connection accessory I need. I've got an open serial port so I'm guessing all I really need is the SC485-RJ45 serial adaptor and the cat 5 cable

is this right, or do I need one of the boosters

For those who may run across this in the future, the SC485-RJ45 serial adaptor is a good choice. Remember, that in this configuration the first connection (from the computer to the first LOR board) must be under 100 feet.

Don wrote:

Philip wrote:
sorry, for the post, got it all figured out now:D

Of course, if someone else ever has the same problem ... they won't be able to find an answer. My magic crystal ball says you wrote ....

Ok, Iplacing my order for my controller and not sure which connection accessory I need. I've got an open serial port so I'm guessing all I really need is the SC485-RJ45 serial adaptor and the cat 5 cable

is this right, or do I need one of the boosters

For those who may run across this in the future, the SC485-RJ45 serial adaptor is a good choice. Remember, that in this configuration the first connection (from the computer to the first LOR board) must be under 100 feet.

Good point Don,

I also wanted to mention, an after market serial adapter (like from Best Buy) will give you problems (been there and done that). Get the LOR serial adapter!!!

Don, I like your crystal ball :].

Tom