Light-O-Rama Forums
ranjanpa

Radio Tune in sign

Tj sounds like an awesome design. I might have to steal your blue prints for next years sign. Lol! Can you post a pic or many pics? Then I can submit it to my engineering depart (6yr old daughter) for approval. Thanks!

........... I also put my radio transmitter inside the box since its waterproof.

Awesome Idea!!

I'm using a 10" x 14" piece of clear acrilic to make my light box. used vinol letters/numbers to mask. Spray painted with light absorbing flat black paint (camo paint by rustolium). realized I didn't double check the frequincy I choose. scraped off the 5 and re masked with a 9 (92.9). then clear coated it (water proof). I'm going to glue defuser behind the text and use 3 C9 bulbs. I'll post a picture of the complete box when done.

Is there a Template out there for a 18 x 24" Sign out there? I dont mind Drilling holes in Cor-Plastic.

Order a banner from shindigz.com and put a spotlight on it. They're only about $15 plus shipping. Run down to HD or Lowes and pick up a couple pieces of 2" PVC and a few Y connectors and build a quick frame. Tape it and paint it red and leave the white to resemble Candy cane striping. Banner, PVC and paint about $30. and about an hour for the build. Just make sure you find out how long it will be for shipping. If I don't forget, I'll get a pic of mine and post. It'll be later this evening.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Sorry .. the image I have for my sign is on my gallery.

I just did a google search for Christmas backgrounds and found one I like.

Took it into photoshop and added the text. Makes it look like the snowmen

are looking at the sign.

A friend of mine printed it off in his sign shop for about $30

About $20 worth of wood and I had it framed in a box.

Added a string of C6 bulbs into it and it gives it a nice even lighting effect.

http://www.pbase.com/dgeall/image/128604203

Dave

2012-11-08194720_zps6ffa7ff1.jpg

2012-11-08194855_zps4013e141.jpg

2012-11-08194914_zps14f04612.jpg

Just finished it! Under $20

The plumbers tape is a nice touch!

tj

What plummers tape? That's metal strapping retaining the c9 bulbs.

Oooh... sorry... they look so much alike ;)

tj

HERE Is Mine. Im pretty impressed with it. Made a very large mess, but worth it. I had issues with people last year not seeing it. This year.... I think they will. LOL Edited by gtoyeah

That's why I'm having a sign made for me and moving away from the holiday coro one. My sign is the 1xx.x and with LED multis in it, it "annoyingly" shines across the lake in the development and has been called a 'blue pulsar'. Since I don't have a lake front property but am across the road from a lake front property, I drove across to the area where the complaint came from and they were correct. Over 1/8 mile away, it's a bright beam of light shooting across the openess.

th_IMG_0983.jpg

1st year for me and I was surprised how blindingly bright 600 LEDs stuck into a 18x34 panel was. So I've decided to flash the sign for exactly 10 seconds at the start of each sequence, I dim it to 50% for the sequence until the last 30 seconds or so of the sequence, where I turn it off completely so the sequence can be completed without any visual distractions.

1st year for me and I was surprised how blindingly bright 600 LEDs stuck into a 18x34 panel was. So I've decided to flash the sign for exactly 10 seconds at the start of each sequence, I dim it to 50% for the sequence until the last 30 seconds or so of the sequence, where I turn it off completely so the sequence can be completed without any visual distractions.

I like it! I guess the next step would be sequencing it fully!

Here is my sign:

Made a box..

painted it to match the house..

Painted inside white to reflect light around:

got a sheet of white plexiglass

Had a vinyl sticker made

post-9751-0-85877200-1353284927_thumb.jp

post-9751-0-52992900-1353284933_thumb.jp

I was able to get one of those red scrowling LED signs at 90% off at target. Hooked it up to a old mower battery and placed it on a post at the road. This way i could program what i wanted and even show info and length. A

I took :rolleyes: a photo from a Tune to sign found on the web and printed it out in poster

size. Taped them together and taped to a 18 x 28 Cor-Plastic. Then used a punch

to make the holes. Removed the paper drilled the punched holes larger. Then

pushed min light through. It. Cost was $20 bucks. But took a while to finish