Light-O-Rama Forums

Shipping Costs!

mmkooiman67

I bought 5 RGB LED strips from China (16 bucks ea.) and shipping was FREE.

I wanted to buy a spare LOR rs485 adapter and shipping was quoted at $15.67 UPS Ground... and these things are SMALL.

tj

Edited by tjflory

...Just got my email confirmation that my order from the sale shipped...

I ship every day and yes that is way too high. At least your order has shipped. I haven't heard anything about either of my orders - 11 weeks and counting.

Edited by Liberty-Laser
  • Like 1

Sounds about right. I know a June shipment of a single CTB16 with dongles to the SE was $19, so $24 to Calli sounds right.

Shipping has gotten to be OUTRAGEOUS.

You should see some of the shipping costs over to Europe. :(

OR Canada! Then the courier companies like to add a (censored) charge to anything shipped from the US to Canada.

I shipped a box 5 hours a way and it cost me $37 so $24 sound cheap.(edit one spelling error)

Edited by PaulXmas

I bought 5 RGB LED strips from China (16 bucks ea.) and shipping was FREE.

I wanted to buy a spare LOR rs485 adapter and shipping was quoted at $15.67 UPS Ground... and these things are SMALL.

tj

If you ask them, they will adjust shipping for that to about $5.

If you ask them, they will adjust shipping for that to about $5.

Um... Then why do they ask for a zip code when calculating shipping?

Do they not know how big or how much their own products weigh?

I know nothing is perfect, but when you're talking about peoples money, accuracy is important!

Money talks and BS walks! Read what people are saying... Its costing them (LOR) money!

BTW. I just placed a 24 dollar order with Automation Direct, about 10 times the size or weight and shipping was 6 bucks!

I love em' (LOR) but somethin's not right here... :blink:

tj

Edited by tjflory

You also have to remebber that Automation Direct might

1.) have a warehouse closure to you

2.) and might have a MUCH larger shipping volume and therefore better shipping rates.

I'm sure if LOR shipped a million packages a year, shipping would be much cheaper.

I just got an order from Holiday Coro, bout the size of a cigar box and shipping was $5.90. I could be wrong, but I dont think

Holiday Coro is bigger than LOR... (See post #25 for LOR reference)

I betcha a nickel and a cookie that if LOR called in their UPS rep. and said they were considering changing to another carrier

things would be different... ;)

tj

You also have to remebber that Automation Direct might

1.) have a warehouse closure to you

2.) and might have a MUCH larger shipping volume and therefore better shipping rates.

I'm sure if LOR shipped a million packages a year, shipping would be much cheaper.

Crazydave is right on in his statement.....We ship UPS and we have to pay whatever the going rate is, BUT the big guys can and do negotiate their rates.

And "tjflory" stated "I bought 5 RGB LED strips from China (16 bucks ea.) and shipping was FREE."....Well he spent $80.00us money and Ray Wu or whoever it was, his cost was probably $5.00yen money. If I could make that kind or profit I'd offer Free shipping also.

LOR is a small company by which we are comparing shipping standards and it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I betcha a nickel and a cookie that if LOR called in their UPS rep. and said they were considering changing to another carrier

things would be different... ;)

We tried to do just that a few years ago and UPS said "Sorry to see you go" (LOL) They gotcha where they Wantcha

Unless you are shipping with USPS Flat Rate system, UPS and FedEx shipping rates are based on zones - how much it costs to go from the origin (seller) to the receiver (buyer). Everyone bringing up shipping costs is like talking apples and oranges unless you mention what zone to zone and packaging type and weight. There's many companies out there that are selling on very high profit margins, where they can easily offer FREE or Discounted shipping too.

We tried to do just that a few years ago and UPS said "Sorry to see you go" (LOL) They gotcha where they Wantcha

Sorry to hear that. We did it and they dropped our rates considerably. (We are a Pico business) :wacko:

Nuff said. Do I owe somebody a nickel and a cookie? ;)

tj

Edited by tjflory