Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

LOR Video Contest

Guest guest

alright children, (in my best teacher voice) everyone settle down and be patient...

ya'll are so anxious, you'd think it was Christmas Eve!

Guest guest

Scuba_dave wrote:

jeffostroff wrote:
I have an S-tile roof. I bought a bunch of L-shaped book case brackets from Home Depot and I slide each one under a tile, then just lean the 3 pound LED Rope light snowflakes against the bracket.

See the enclosed photo.

You can view much larger and clear photos on my home page http://lauderdalechristmas.com/

I still have not posted all my photos yet from 2006, but there are a lot up there now, both night time and day time.

That's a nice setup
I bought 8 LED snowflakes after Christmas on sale

Where did you buy the garage door? That's awesome!!
Can you open the door while it is attached?
I'm going to have (2) garage doors

Thanks

wow! you're not kidding! *love* the garage door!

-joules

Guest guest

I bought that from a graphics artist on eBay in October for $200. They sell out real fast too. I can tell you this was a show stopper, cars, slow down and everyone comments about this banner.

Even here on the forum in December, people were going ga ga over it. It's 16 feet x 7 feet, thick vinyl sheet, it takes 2 people 10 minutes to clip it top and bottom, and yes you open the grage door with it on there, it's flexible.

Go to my home page and look at my night time videos, I shine spotlights on this awesome door cover. I store it in the attic above the garage, it rolls up into a 6" wide roll 7 feet tall.

Attached files 124306=7408-christmas-2006-17forum.jpg

Guest guest

That is really nice
Worth the money definitely

Do you know if they had single garage door displays?

Mission Viejo??

Guest guest

Yes, they do make single door banners as well. Here is the link to the eBay auction that I won for this banner:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250044320330

You should bookmark this seller. Around October or so is when his storefront will have more of them, or you can contact him and ask when he'll have them ready. Apparently he runs a batch of them every year and sells out.

I like that because it keeps it somewhat rare and unique. Most people drive by our house and never imagined that anything like could have been done.

Guest guest

I want that door poster......(wiping drool).........:]:]

hehe, emailed seller.

Guest guest

Sorry Michael B.
Make sure your sitting down when you read this.
Your going to have to wait 7 days for the videos.

Videos of winners will be posted within 7 days.

Michael B wrote:
Videos! Videos! videos! I tried twiddling my thumbs, that lasted about ten minutes. Come on Dan, have a heart. :laughing: Michael B

your going to explode when you see this.:]

Guest guest

I went right to the winner's web sites, very nice sites, BTW, and pretty much figured out which videos are the winners, no need to wait 7 days.

Guest guest

Jeff, can you post their websites here. I know Marty's, but not the others.

Thanks and thanks for all the great info on your display.

Michael B

Guest guest

Dan,

Thanks for letting us know and for having the contest!

Congratulations to all the winners! I have seen a couple, can't wait to see the rest.

Michael B

Guest guest

Dan,

How many videos were summited? Or entries?

Michael B

Guest guest

Jeff,

Regarding your mural for the garage door, the ebay page mentioned special hardware to install those murals. How would you rate the quality of the hardware and ease of installation? And would it be too easy for it to 'walk away' while I'm not look'n? :shock: Thanks.

Scuba, darn it, you beat me. I hope the seller reads his emails LIFO!! :laughing::laughing: (last in, first out)

Guest guest

There was no special hardware. ALong the top and bottom of the vinyl sheet, spaced about every 3 feet or so are these metal L-shaped brackets attached to the vinyl sheet with bungie cords so you can stretch them up over the top of the door, while your partner inside the grage clips them over the top. No tools are needed.

Guest guest

Jeff,

Thanks for the links!

I watched the videos! They are great. It was fun.

Now I get to wait another 7 days to see them and hopefully others on the LOR website. :laughing:

Michael B

Guest guest

Does the LOR winner Willie Stokes have a website? I haven't seen his.

Michael B

Guest guest

Tried though I might, I could not find a web site for Willie Stokes, I searched here, and on Google, and nothing. That is how I found the other guys' web sites.

Guest guest

jeffostroff wrote:

Tried though I might, I could not find a web site for Willie Stokes, I searched here, and on Google, and nothing. That is how I found the other guys' web sites.

Thanks Jeff! I did the same thing. I found a contest in was in, but no website or videos.

Oh well, that will give us something to look forward to when LOR has the videos! :]

Michael B

Guest guest

Craig doesn't have the video that he submitted up on his website.