Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II question

Guest guest

Philip wrote:

when LOR II becomes available, will it be sold as an upgrade for LOR I, a whole new program, or maybe available both ways?

LOR II is a FREE upgrade to current LOR users.

This will require a software and hardware upgrade. (Per Dan.)

Sequences will automaticlly be converted over to LORII when you open them the first time. They will not be usable on LOR I boards/software after that time. (So make your backup copies.)

Philip wrote:

so i should hold out any buy my equipment after the release (since I don't yet have LOR I) ??

LOR II will be software and firmware changes. Any software or hardware that you purchase now will be upgraded for free.

You can check with Dan, but I would not wait. Unless, Dan advices otherwise. There is no telling when LOR 2 will happen. There will be a free upgrade.

The more time you have to work with your controllers and the software the better. This question kept coming up last year. Dan, Don and others repeatedly said not to wait.

Again, Check with Dan first.

Good luck,

Michael B

Philip wrote:

cool, thanks for the info

this is what I plan on spending my bonus on come March

I have found one problem though...

there are no disclaimers as to addictive nature of the whole thing

Please wait till after I purchase my LOR befor filing your lawsuit. I know once they get slap with a lawsuit for creating and facilitating the sale of an addictive product, they are going to have to raise the prices :laughing:

That's So True. I never thought I'd be a Christmas Junkie. I'm addicted to Christmas every year it comes around but, now it appears to be a Year long Addiction....ha ha ha.
Bring on the Sale!!!

-Evan

There is a 12 step self-help program for LOR junkies. It's very versatile. For example: in step one you can choose to use the tapper or just select a possible intervention every .10 seconds and fill in the counseling sessions wherever they fit.

Marty Slack wrote:

There is a 12 step self-help program for LOR junkies. It's very versatile. For example: in step one you can choose to use the tapper or just select a possible intervention every .10 seconds and fill in the counseling sessions wherever they fit.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

It has been so addicting for me, that after being retired for four years (early retirement), I have found it necessary to go out and get a job to help support the habit. I am already calculating how much I will have saved by the summer sale. Then I have to figure out how much time it will take to assemble the kits, how many channels I should plan on sequencing, where will I find the time to set up the display if I am still working, etc., etc. Woe is me!:?

JaxStraw wrote:

Please wait till after I purchase my LOR befor filing your lawsuit. I know once they get slap with a lawsuit for creating and facilitating the sale of an addictive product, they are going to have to raise the prices :laughing:

Raise of prices may be something we deal with all over the place. Chinese Govt is in a trend to end subsidizing the chinese currency and its industries, wages are skyrocketing in China thus prices of components (triacs, resistors, etc) are in a general trend to increase in price. Many people in the LED industry are saying dont expect declining prices on LED Christmas lights either because the trends are all the artificial price lowering effects the Chinese govt have been doing are coming to an end. Maybe we all noticed it this last Christmas, higher priced extension cords, walmart 100 string lights ran more expensive after years of seeing lower and lower prices year after year.

• 3 weeks later...

For most boards it's a flash download. For CTB-08's, it's a chip replacement. If you're one of the few who have the old MC-P's, I think that's a board exchange if I remember correctly...

-Tim