Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting your controllers

Torqumada286

here is how i mount 2 of mine steel inch square t post slid into an 800 pound mega tree mount and the other three mounted to my portable power panel thats pad locked to the front porch of my house

Attached files 312608=17085-003.JPG

Torqumada286 wrote:

What's the best way to mount your controllers for both safety and security?

I think this is a highly personal question and I'm surprised you'd ask such a thing.

But since you did, I believe most people mount them from the side. Just make sure you always know where the dongles are. For maximum security, I recommend tying the power cords around your waist. A square knot will keep them in place until you're ready to dismount.

Hope it helps. Please DON'T post pics.

if you look real close you can see the pad locks but then again locks only keep honest people honest but the way i got it figured while who ever is trying to take them it will not be a quiet operation ( noise y people make good targets)

t purser wrote:

here is how i mount 2 of mine steel inch square t post slid into an 800 pound mega tree mount and the other three mounted to my portable power panel thats pad locked to the front porch of my house

t purser, I see that you finally decided to upright your controllers and megatree. :P

George Simmons wrote:

Torqumada286 wrote:

I think this is a highly personal question and I'm surprised you'd ask such a thing.

But since you did, I believe most people mount them from the side. Just make sure you always know where the dongles are. For maximum security, I recommend tying the power cords around your waist. A square knot will keep them in place until you're ready to dismount.

Hope it helps. Please DON'T post pics.

you have to applaud the guy for wanting to use safe practices,nothing better than safe mounting:D

james campbell wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Torqumada286 wrote:

But since you did, I believe most people mount them from the side.  Just make sure you always know where the dongles are.  For maximum security, I recommend tying the power cords around your waist.  A square knot will keep them in place until you're ready to dismount.

Hope it helps.  Please DON'T post pics.

you have to applaud the guy for wanting to use safe practices,nothing better than safe mounting:D

Better safe than sorry.

Torqumada

Paul M Krupa wrote:

I have mounted mine with screws right to the house

Aren't there other places to screw your controller besides the side of your house?

Torqumada

Torqumada286 wrote:

Paul M Krupa wrote:

Aren't there other places to screw your controller besides the side of your house?

Torqumada

depends on how much privacy you prefer...

Torqumada286 wrote:

Paul M Krupa wrote:

Torqumada

You can mount the controllers just about anywhere you want too actually. You could put them under plastic cans or boxes in the yard and use a lock and cable to secure them to something like a post or a ground anchor.
You could drive posts in the ground and secure the controllers to them if you wish.
It really depends on how secure you need to make them in the end and only you will know that answer.
I built my controllers and put them in boxes with clear covers that allow me to see the control LED to make sure the controller is functioning. I can screw the box to things as well as it can be locked if necessary.
I also have a bit metal box with 4 controllers inside that has its own stand bult to it. Since it weights a lot, I don't really worry about it. I do drive stakes in the base though to prevent it from getting tipped over.

Attached files 312648=17087-mtcontroller.jpg

Torqumada286 wrote:

Paul M Krupa wrote:

Torqumada

I put a couple of mine on 2x6's in the yard then pipe drove into the ground.the boards the attach to the pipe with u bolts.that way I have my controller close to my props and save on cords

james campbell wrote:

Torqumada286 wrote:
Paul M Krupa wrote:

Torqumada

I put a couple of mine on 2x6's in the yard then pipe drove into the ground.the boards the attach to the pipe with u bolts.that way I have my controller close to my props and save on cords

Are the 2x6's horizontal or vertical?

Torqumada

vertical,I put two screws at the top and two at the bottom,all in contact with the heat sink,

heres another possible way to do it its portable saves on cords it puts the portable power panel and controllers where the action is of course you could just keep them inside your house and have cords runing tru windows

Attached files 312660=17088-folded frount shot.jpg

t purser wrote:

if you look real close you can see the pad locks but then again locks only keep honest people honest but the way i got it figured while who ever is trying to take them it will not be a quiet operation ( noise y people make good targets)

Sounds like to me your baiting your targets. And are you suggesting that noisy people should be shot? I wonder how many states out there that would see this as a lawful shoot?