Light-O-Rama Forums

ccb mega tree?

mbettez

I'm thinking a 25' ccb mega tree would be cool. Use 8 ccb units giving 16 25' strings for the tree. The possible patterns and movements are endless. Would the 6" spacing be too wide? I think my tree last year used 4" spacing leds. Oh the possibilities are hurting my head already!

that's what I have been planning since the CCB's were first shown LAST year...

also wonder if the 6" spacing might be too much...but they are BRIGHT!!!

Only time will tell!!! :P

Jim,
thanks for the reminder. I used 12 ccr's for my superstar tree last year and they were so bright I ran them about 20% for the entire show so they didn't drown out the rest of the house and they were still bright! If the ccb's are as bright I don't think there will be a problem.

A mega tree that can go round and round, up and down, and every which way imaginable is only limited by programming time at this point! :shock:

mbettez wrote:

I'm thinking a 25' ccb mega tree would be cool. Use 8 ccb units giving 16 25' strings for the tree. The possible patterns and movements are endless. Would the 6" spacing be too wide? I think my tree last year used 4" spacing leds. Oh the possibilities are hurting my head already!

I wish my wife would give me a budget like that, 8 CCB's x $200.00 on sale, Ouch that's got to sting a little

kzaas wrote:

I wish my wife would give me a budget like that, 8 CCB's x $200.00 on sale, Ouch that's got to sting a little

It stings even more when I want/need a total of 20 and the sale limit is only $2500.... :(

jimswinder wrote:

kzaas wrote:

It stings even more when I want/need a total of 20 and the sale limit is only $2500.... :(

You get on one computer and have your wife get on another and both of you can purchase 10, problem solved.

kzaas wrote:

You get on one computer and have your wife get on another and both of you can purchase 10, problem solved.

yeah...don't think I really want to "purchase" a wife just to get more items... :D

any volunteers to be my wife for an evening?? :(

jimswinder wrote:

kzaas wrote:

yeah...don't think I really want to "purchase" a wife just to get more items... :D

any volunteers to be my wife for an evening?? :(

Jim, such solicitations should probably have a disclaimer about your difficulty keeping your tree upright. :D

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Jim, such solicitations should probably have a disclaimer about your difficulty keeping your tree upright. :(

ahhh...but at least it does go up!!! :shock:

Jim - you are aware that the CCBs aren't on sale, aren't you? What's on sale are pixels, not the CCBs.

maybe I am still confused....(surprised?)

but I thought CCB's were just the pixels with C6 lens covers

I think my confusion stems from it looks as though they originally called BOTH the Pixel string AND the C7 Bulb string a CB100D...

And now they are calling the Pixel String a CCPixel 100

• The topic was locked