Light-O-Rama Forums

Updating Firmware from 4.32 to 4.40?

stanward

I have a CTB16PC with version 4.32 firmware. I want to update it to version 4.40 firmware. Is this possible?

I am trying to update the firmware with the hardware utility and get this error "Not correct firmware for controller"

I thought I have a gen 2 CTB16PC controller.

• 1 month later...

4.40 is for the gen 2 cards and 4.32 is for gen 1 I know you cant put the 4.40 is the lowest/oldest that can go in the gen 2 not sure if you can put 4.40 in the gen 1 or not but it really doesn't matter as far as I know they are the same frimware the do the same thing

So wonder when the firware is coming out that will make the pc kits able to do led dimming curves like the new boards.

Guest wbottomley

There's only two generations of controllers. Generation 1 boards have different versions. Some of those versions required a different firmware. Generation 2 boards are the current ones. They have their separate firmware with dimming curves. When will that be available to the Gen1 boards? Take a guess on how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.

Generation 2 board, version 4
phoca_thumb_l_imag2244.jpg

I wasn't thinking I ment to write version 1 and version 2 boards for the 4.32 and 4.40 frimware